Replacement Pulleys (do you know of another vendor?)

I have a glowforge plus, and the head was slipping during cuts. I replaced the head, the sled, and a cracked plastic pulley to the left of the head. Unfortunately, the refurbished pulley only lasted a 2 months, and ruined the job I ran yesterday. I just ordered 2 more refurbished pulleys at $7/ea. Unfortunately the flat rate shipping is $25.

I was wondering if anyone has found an external source for pulleys like uxcell on amazon. If you have, please let me know. I would love to switch to a metal pulley and not have the plastic crack. I found this one, but the outer diameter is smaller: Amazon.com

As long as it is flat rate, I have ordered more stuff to spread out the shipping cost.

1 Like

Search Etsy and eBay rather than Amazon. There are a number of people on those platforms
producing replacement wheels and pulleys, and pulling them out of scrapped Glowforges to resell the used parts.

3 Likes

Try looking for 3D Printed files. If you don’t have a printer, there are 3D Printing services out there as well. I’d ssuggest using PETG or ABS or even Nylon at 100% infill and hgh resolution, better than .20. Maybe .18 or .06 IIRC.

I know it isn’t a metal solution, but a cheaper solution and you’ll potentially have have dozens on hand and can replace them over a set peroiod of time as a normal maintenance routine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.