Replacement unit not working

I bought a Plus back in 2018 it stopped working I was sent a refurb replacement didn’t work at all, sent that one back and received another refurb and after about 6 months this unit isn’t working I dont know if I just have bad luck or if these units are just a joke if someone has had the no power issue with the plus some advice would be great!

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, but from your description, I have no idea what your issue is. Does the machine not turn on?

1 Like

What is the no power issue?

The machine does not power on at all, no power no noise nothing and yes it is plugged in.

If you have verified the outlet is powered by plugging something else into it, then it is likely the machine will need to be repaired or replaced.

I’m sorry to hear that your Glowforge isn’t turning on. Your unit should be plugged directly into a grounded wall outlet that meets local building codes. As @eflyguy mentioned, if you haven’t already, please do the following:

1. Unplug your Glowforge from the wall
  2. Plug another device directly into the same outlet and see if it works
  3. If the device does not work, have an electrician investigate. It may be a blown fuse, a broken outlet, or something else
  4. If the outlet works, unplug the other end of the cord from the Glowforge unit itself
  5. Inspect both ends of the power cord; if you notice any damage, try another power cord
  6. Plug in the end of the power cord that goes to the Glowforge, making sure it is inserted all the way in
  7. Plug the other end of the power cord into the outlet, making sure it is inserted all the way in
  8. If your Glowforge still won’t power on, try another outlet

Let us know what you find.

I have done all of that. I even tried to plug other things in to make sure the outlet works and they power on.

Send it back. Keep sending them back until you have a working unit. It’s up to glowforge to send out working units and from what you and others(myself included) have experienced they cant seem to do that. The users should not have to do their Quality Control for them.

Thank you for confirming that troubleshooting information for us. I’m so sorry to hear that your Glowforge isn’t powering on.

I’ve just followed up by email with the next steps. We’re going to continue to work on this there, so I’m going to close this thread.