Requisite Catan Board

Beautiful! Love the water! This is on my “to-do” list, although, I’ve never played. All the woods are so enticing!

3 Likes

I will confess to having learned to play primarily to have an excuse to build this. But my granddaughter (who learned it with me) LOVES the game, so it will get lots of use. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Life is all about the grandchildren! That’s great!

I confess I bought many different woods to make this prior to receiving the glowforge … Just life and other projects get in the way.

1 Like

A thing of beauty!

2 Likes

Is the file for the settlements, roads and cities somewhere? All I could see is the file for the tokens.

They’re all in this post. You can right click on the SVG images and choose “save as,” but I just went back and updated it with links, in case your browser isn’t being cooperative. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you! I thought the house pieces were in the zip file and I was missing something. Thanks again!

1 Like

the boarder file from etsy … what program did you use to pull up those files? im having a heck of a time and when i download the files it doesn’t give me a cut boarder.

I love Catan. Unfortunately I’m the only one in my family so I never get to play it. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve opened it in both Inkscape and Affinity Designer. What are you using?

im using a program called silhouette and everything else ive ever designed using that program has been fine but not for this file.

I’m just not sure if im not doing something right or what but when I upload the file in another program like silhouette or inkscape( I downloaded it) it doesn’t show the cut boarder. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal?

It may just not have a stroke width applied to those lines. Have you tried loading it into the Glowforge app? It doesn’t care about stroke widths.

Have you contacted the seller?

Nobody here can know for sure if we don’t have the file. If there is a path, it can be cut.

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

I have it, somewhere…I’m trying to find it on my HDD, but I’ve gotta get ready for work, so I’m going to have to pause and resume later tonight.

Ahhh, spoke too soon, there it is. :slight_smile:

Yep, the cut lines just don’t have a stroke width applied to them.
Here’s how it looks when you load the file:

And here’s how it looks if you select the “cut” layer and add a border width to it:

If you load it straight into the GF app, it will see the cut lines without a problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

im sorry this is all SO new to me. Did you have to create those cut lines or do they just appear when you give then a stroke width? im just not sure how to do that. thank you for all your help. ive uploaded the file on inkscape

@evansd2 can you help? I’ve gotta go to treatment team meeting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Select the path you want to change the stroke on, and then you can either click the colors on the bottom of your screen to do fill and stroke or go into the full and stroke dialogue.

There’s gotta be a tutorial for this, let’s see.

Yeah here we go:

https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/basic/tutorial-basic.html

This entire thing will be useful but there’s a section specifically about fill and stroke. Should get you where you need to be.

2 Likes