Resizing image of imported file

Hi, I’m a newbie here, so I hope this isn’t a stupid question. I imported a file that I purchased from a third party, but I can’t figure out how to resize it to fit my 12x12 work area. I’ve looked in support everywhere and can’t find any information about this subject! Help!!

2 Likes

If you want to make the object smaller you can just select the entire file and grab the corner of the box and make it smaller. Be careful though, if you resize an item that has slots or tabs or finger joints or hinges, they will no longer fit together if resized. Also be careful of making an item with intricate cuts too small as that can lead to charring of the design.

6 Likes

Thank you for your help! I should have mentioned that it is a multi-layer file and when it imports, it shows up very large on the screen.

3 Likes

The :glowforge: doesn’t recognise layers so likely you’re getting all the art at once. If everything is coming in as a single group, then select it, move it out of the print area, and right click to ungroup.
Now you can drag individual items over to print.

If some parts need to be regrouped, select them and right click to group.

5 Likes

Since you are new and this is a file that you purchased, I would ask the seller to provide you with a file that is the appropriate size. Since you are asking for 12 by 12, I assume you are using an Aura. Let the seller know that and they may be able to provide the file just the way you need it. Most sellers of .svg files are happy to help.

6 Likes

A question implies a desire to understand, there is nothing stupid about that.
None of us knew how until the first time. Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! I’ll check into it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 26 days. New replies are no longer allowed.