Returning after a long hiatus

Trebled Waters I believe is our second CD, there is a third one “Ships and Giggles” that is more adult themed CD (it’s fun and the cover is a cartoon version of the whole band), and our final one “We’ll never be Royals” is a really good one that I’m still quite proud of.

4 Likes

I’ll PM you!

1 Like

Welcome back, I’m only a few months in, can’t imagine how frustrating that would have made you knowing that you could have been creating loads during lockdowns!

2 Likes

it was SUPER frustrating! But I did pick up a new hobby over covid though… RESIN! I’ve made a few sets of dice (yes D&D!) and other molds of stuff, it’s been fun and now I hope to combine the two!

7 Likes

That is cool, I was debating starting some resin projects and decided I don’t need to start anything new right now - I know me and rabbit holes! Combining the two hobbies will be amazing and hoping you will share some of your creations!

2 Likes

Did you go so far down the hole that you got a pressure pot etc?

3 Likes

Yeah… Harbor Freight converted Paint Pressure Pot. (shame! :smiley: )

6 Likes

This evening I’m actually starting the build of my Glowforge and Resin Workspace! Once it’s all set up, I’ll be able to break out my dice molds and I want to start doing some FUN stuff with them, inclusions, mixed colors, all sorts of things.

3 Likes

This is precisely why I’m avoiding it for now! I know where it will lead me!

3 Likes

Hi, Good to “see” you again! Glad you’re going to get forging again.

5 Likes

SOON. I just got Internet and WiFi working earlier today in the shop where the Glowforge will live. This evening, started to build the table for the Glowforge to sit on, then I can finally unbox, cut the exhaust hole, and then search here for the set up instructions and get forging!

6 Likes

It’s good to see you again. I’d never forget the pareidolia of your avatar which to me looks like a frog skeleton. And Ramoth is a fine name for a laser. I was just thinking about dragon fire yesterday and remembered how much I loved those books. I did like the Crystal Singer a lot too. Looking forward to seeing your projects.

6 Likes

I thought I was picking up a thread there.

3 Likes

Welcome Back! The anticipation of being able to laser is almost too much to handle! Can’t wait to see what you make!

2 Likes

@marmak3261 ! Good to see you again. Yep, it’s a Frog Skull and Crossbones. Frog Skull head with two crossed frog skeleton feet. I created it for a friend and really liked the look of it so I put it as my avatar here. It was a fun combination of my performing as a Pirate and something I made to laser onto a project.

3 Likes

I see what you did there :wink:

2 Likes

ME TOO! I have a backlog of plans I can’t wait to express

2 Likes

So good to see you back!!! Life does have a way of interrupting our plans.

2 Likes

Welcome back! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Jules! I thought for sure everyone I used to chat with in here was going to be gone, but there are more of us here than I thought

4 Likes