Reversed reciprocal highlighting

So, as it is, when you rollover/select an items setting on the left, it also highlights the object on the board if it has settings. Cool. What if it also worked the other way round. When you select an item on the board, regardless of setting, it would highlight which settings item on the left it is. Make it easier to find items when multiple items are identical shapes.

14 Likes

Yes, this!

I asked for this a while back, glad to see someone else thinks it would be useful.

3 Likes

There are a million things that Glowforge could do to improve the ui. We don’t see any more editor features, we need better usability.

I just don’t understand their priorities.

3 Likes

It highlights by layer. If I have many outlines or circles they might all be very similar or even the same and need different settings. I can imagine a case where you want some circles engraved some cut and some scored, but they are all on a single layer.

The only workaround I can think of is to make those fewest polygons of rounded corners and maximum faces, then each one of those will be on a separate layer.

Yes please!!!

Thank you everyone - that’s a great idea for a feature! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.