Road Sign Starter Kit

If you saw my Shoulder Work Ahead Road Sign post:

I did say if I had a chance I would make a Laserable design version. This is a textless sign since I assume you don’t literally want my sign (and adding text to a design isn’t the hard part). I am assuming this is made out of 1/8" (0.125 in) or medium in Glowforge-speak. So there are 2 files for the black colored parts and the sign color (orange/yellow) depending on the sign you want. I am including about as much design source as I can without coming to your house and making your sign since I am including the adobe illustrator files AND the CAD files in both STEP and SOLIDWORKS format.

Making
Black lines are for cutting, Red is for scoring (to align the black rim on the sign. Remember the cutout piece for the letters can be used for aligning the letters on the sign. The sign uses 2 shafts back to back (only one of which fits in the clip on the back of the sign.

Obviously you can add text in the GFUI if you have premium or in inkscape or what have you

cut files.zip (3.1 KB)
source design files.zip (116.8 KB) in AI, STEP and SLDPRT formats

When done it should look something like this:

41 Likes

You rock, you know that?

6 Likes

This will be fun! I looked at the other post as well, but you don’t say if you ever did give it to the orthopedic surgeons and what their reactions were. (hint hint :wink:)

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing this :smile:

6 Likes

Oh he really appreciated it

9 Likes

Thanks for the generous share!

4 Likes

Oh that is cute. Thanks!

4 Likes

For those making the build, use clamping and weld-on #4 rather than CA glue if using acrylic as CA glue has terrible shear strength and the clip on the back would likely pop-off compared to chemical welding.

9 Likes

I’m guessing you are only able to get about 15 minutes of sleep a week.

Thank you so much for sharing.

2 Likes