Rocketbook Mini Page Template

My wife got a Rocketbook for Christmas, so I started playing around with it. I ended up downloading the app and making my own version on whiteboard material.

The QR code (a simple number) tells the app what template it is scanning, it uses that code for the dimension and features for that type of page. This code is a basic page field note size page.

Rocketbook - Mini Page

27 Likes

I’d never heard of Rocketbook before, so I looked it up and watched a YT video on it. Sounds very interesting. Thank you for the share! I’ll have to try this out.

9 Likes

Me too. My goal this year is to become more organized with my notes. I use a lot of backs of envelopes. I am trying to go more digital. I find it much easier to brainstorm on paper.

I not totally sold on the analog to digital workflow. I had more fun making the file then taking notes on it.

8 Likes

Thanks! I have a Rocketbook but admittedly don’t really use it. I’ll give this a try!

8 Likes

I have it sitting on my craft table, it was kinda handy to make some measurements to refer to later.

13 Likes

Very cool - and I can see how it’s SO useful too!

Do they list somewhere what the codes mean, or did you have to figure it out by trial and error?

6 Likes

Great post. I’ve used RB a bunch. Never thought of using it this way. Love it!

7 Likes

I scanned the QR code from there product photos! I did a bit of research and found out it was just a simple serial number.

6 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for sharing! I haven’t worked with whiteboard before: Is that engraved directly through the whiteboard and darkening a substrate? Could you share a link to the material source, if there’s something special about it?

4 Likes

I got it from Home Depot, I had use the settings for the chalkboard side to cut out ornaments, after closer examination, I will need to adjust for the white side. I looks a bit burnt.

5 Likes

I bought a Rocketbook from their original kickstarter campaign. I don’t use it. I think I like my notes to be permanent!

5 Likes

Glad to see they updated them with a QR code. My kids used them several years ago, which, if I remember correctly, they colored in one of 6 or so icons, that determined which digital notebook the notes were uploaded too. Only one is left in University and she is using another method, I believe Goodnotes, in her iPad now.

6 Likes

Oh, they still have the quick shortcut icons for larger pages. This is a notecard size and does not have those elements as part of the template. From what I understand even if you add them to the layout it won’t work, because the code for that type of page doesn’t have the element defined.

4 Likes

Thanks! I see from the link that it’s MDF inside. Neat hack!

3 Likes

BTW, the app is free for your phone. You could print one on you paper printer and see how it works.

5 Likes

Looks very cool. Now I need to go find out what a Rocketbook is. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s not the book I think I have at home. Oh, no no no.

4 Likes

Great share! My brother was just looking into getting a rocket book, but I gave him an old one my son used in high school. If he likes it, maybe I will make him one of these to use too. Thank you!

3 Likes

A couple of months back I discovered Rocketbook. I have 4 different versions and I love every one of them.

Great project!!

2 Likes

Amazon also has lots of different versions.

3 Likes