Room Setup

Hi! Does anyone have a good setup with an inline fan and a window at the top of a wall? I just converted my office to a nursery and have relocated to our downstairs guest room :smiling_face: There’s not enough room on my Husky workbench to fit the fan so it’s currently sitting on a folded down table behind my glowforge, which is not ideal for the small space. Thank you!

2 Likes

I think you will want the fan as close to the window as possible for best air flow. Maybe you can think of a way to put a shelf (permanent or temporary) at the sill level.

9 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

2 90º plastic curves, a vertical pipe (either rigid plastic, or insulated flexible), and your fan at the top on a shelf. You’ll end up ~a foot away from the wall (I use that space for storing materials).

My window isn’t tall, but I can’t put the :glowforge: directly under either, so there are slight differences, but I have my fan blowing through the screen in my window, and a piece of insulated acrylic filling up the rest of the space, and so far even in 30º weather it’s been cozy.

6 Likes

Hi! Long time no see!
I’m guessing the need for a nursery makes congratulations in order?

Good advice here, get that fan as close to the window as possible.

8 Likes

I mounted my fan to the board that I insert into the window.

6 Likes

that is what i did too. I also have the vent extend about 12" from the window itself. I figured it would lessen “blowback”

4 Likes

I don’t think you can tell from my photo, but I used a dryer exhaust with a flap. I thought I was going to have it “permanently installed”, but I just move it every time I fire up the laser.

4 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing.

7 Likes

Perfect position of that fan, and I like the strain relief solution for the hose. Model installation.
Ordinarily I would suspect the room had been cleaned and straightened for the picture, but in this case I know neatness is your nature.

4 Likes

yes I do the same. I just made a “snout” on mine so it sticks out from the board in the window about a foot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.