Rowmark ColorShop Woods

just got this email from rowmark.

here’s the link to request sample kit.

http://info.rowmark.com/colorshop-woods?utm_campaign=ColorShop%20Woods

21 Likes

Any idea on pricing?

It might be fun but if it’s going to price me out I don’t need the sample.

that was all that was in the email. the sample was free, so i just went ahead and ordered. it will be interesting to see how it compares with the other colored wood pricewise.

I was thinking the same thing. I use a lot of it, and from the wood gallery it’s pretty reasonable. I’ve even played with tinting my own, with really good results, but their price is hard to beat.

5 Likes

I ordered the sample kit, because, well, why not? Always good to know what’s out there. I have wood dye, so I should be testing that out too. Just too much going on!!! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You beat me to it! I’ve been using Rowmark products for the past 16 years, they’re a great company and good prices. Although I’ve been infusing color into my Baltic Birch for just as long LOL

7 Likes

I just saw the email and was going to post as well. You’re pretty quick @shop!

5 Likes

Ordered the sample. Even if I don’t get more they could come in handy.

3 Likes

They are usually pretty smal, unfortunately…last wood sample I got were 1" squares…lol

2 Likes

I saw this product in person at IWF Atlanta last weekend. The colors are vibrant and the material looks nice.

3 Likes

Looks like another search topic for Youtube… Thanks a lot. Here I go on another tangent with another supply of tools and materials to enjoy my “cheap” hobbies.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm you think someone made a YouTube video for this?? I just made it up…that was before YouTube…lmao. Curious if I’ve been doing it right.:joy:

1 Like

You mean it isn’t a real thing? Just your genius?

3 Likes

Was Rowmark at IWF? I guess I missed their booth. Can’t imagine how, since there were so few booths to see.
Did you see the booth that had Italian veneers? They had a pretty wide selection of page-sized colored veneer samples. I re-visited the booth on Saturday and since there was so little traffic and it was almost over, the gentleman there said: “take all you want”. I kick myself for only scoring about a 2" stack of really great veneer.
Also, did you visit the Next Wave Automation booth? They produce the fairly respectable Shark and Piranha line of CNC machines. They had a prototype desktop laser on display and said it would be shipping next month. It uses a 7.5 watt diode laser, but apparently can cut 3mm plywood. Price is supposed to be $1500. Not really a lot different from all the miniature Chinese lasers in function, but seemed well-built and with the capability to use g-code to cut. Solid company behind it. With this and the Dremel unit, I wonder if we will start to see a wave of this size unit from other reputable companies.

3 Likes

Yea they were on the “finishing” side (non-machinery side). It was like a double booth and they had their displays and product examples. The lady we talked to actually mentioned they have a GF at their facility for testing on their products. We got some samples and brochures for their different product lines and such.

Not that I recall. I was only there on Saturday and didn’t have a lot of time to wander around.

I did see that. Looked to me like a Jtech diode laser attached to their machine. Very similar to the laser you can attach to most of the hobbyist CNC machines. I looked into Jtech to add to my Xcarve and ended up going with the GF instead.

2 Likes

@smcgathyfay 's genius is a real thing!

7 Likes

More like madness out of necessity…lol

3 Likes

Here I am infusing/impregnating color into my Baltic birch…
I feel like I should be putting away $ for child support…lmao :flushed::joy::joy:

Using craft paint mixed with pearlized createx which is translucent. Apply with a sponge applicator, sand smooth then coat with a few coats of clear polyurethane. Next mask with paper tape, then cut away…

11 Likes

Your coats are so uniform. Looks real good. :grinning:

1 Like