Safari Browser and wifi setup?

I received my Glowforge today and am super excited but of course ran into a problem right off the bat. I have seen many posts that people struggle connecting to the wifi. I was able to connect to the machines wifi signal, but when I had to reconnect to my wifi server I can not get past the screen that says “connect your glow forge to wifi” sometimes it has managed to connect to the internet sometimes not, but I never get past that page. I have tried multiple connections from my mobile hotspot, personal phone hotspot, and three different wifi routers.

I think I have discovered the problem and I would love feedback. I am running an older iMac. Safari version 11.1.2. The machine can not be upgraded any more than it has been. I suspect that this is my obstacle.

I have been able to connect on a PC laptop, but would love to avoid using it if I can. Is there any hope ill be able to find a work around?

Once your Glowforge is connected to your WiFi network, you should be able to operate it using the app at app.glowforge.com. (In other words, you don’t stay connected with the green button. That’s just the first time to set it up on your network.)

You should be able to access the machine through the older Mac. You just do it through the internet.
(Oh, and try the Chrome browser…it works best.)

1 Like

Thank you, but my problem is that I can not get it connected to the wifi network. After I have connected to the units wifi signal and then try to connect back to my network it never finishes that process, I never get beyond this screen.

Oh, just saw your comment about chrome, ill try that

Oh sorry, I thought you said you had connected using your PC laptop.

There is a troubleshooting section on connection problems here…maybe something in there will help.

1 Like

And a video here that might help:

1 Like

YES!!! figured it out!!! Thank you! I got there in a very round about way, but its working now. I connected my iPad to the Glowforge wifi signal, then connected back to my network by using my phone as a hotspot. Then i switched the iMac to my phone as well and the mac is now talking to the glow forge.

Thank you! took me a few minutes to figure that one out.

1 Like

Fantastic! Have fun! :grinning:

Thank you @Jules for helping out!

@richelle.m.maki I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!

1 Like