Safety interlock error on Glowforge basic

My Glowforge stopped mid cut with the message: “The safety interlock on the back of your Glowforge is open. Close it and reboot your machine.” Much rebooting, and much of the same error.

From forum searches it sounds like this is the sort of issue likely to need a replacement machine… so much for the board game set I designed for my daughter’s birthday next weekend. :sob:

Ugh - that bites :frowning: There are a few things they can do from the software back end, but sadly I’m pretty sure you’re right that most of them end up with a return to the mothership :frowning:

BUT! Power of the community and all that - if you let us know where you are, there may be another Glowforger near you who’d be willing to cut your design. Worth asking right? @makerblock greated this User’s Map on Google that may not be 100% accurate, but would give you an idea if there’s anyone in your area!

Hello @rickster - I’m sorry to learn you’ve run into this trouble with your printer.

I extracted some data to review the issue, and based on the data I see, I believe replacing this printer is going to be the best path forward. I’ll be reaching out as a follow up in a separate email to get some details from you and finish up that process.

Since we’ll be finishing up in email I’m going to go ahead and close this thread as well.