Safety Interlock Open Error

I’m so upset about this. I’ve rebooted my Glowforge 100 times. I’ve looked around everywhere I can think to look, I have a Glowforge basic so I don’t have a staple by the power plug. I hate having to wait for support to email back. is there anything at all I can do or am I just stuck.

You’ll have to wait for Support. Nothing you can do. Can’t say whether you might have a more serious hardware issue or not, but have seen the same error on a Basic where the solution was for Support to make a S/W change on their end. Luck.

1 Like

There is another post in the forum where they ask you to shut the machine off and remove the head and the ribbon cable going to the head to take a picture of the pins and post it. They do speak of the pin at the plug on the pro model. However, the other steps are applicable for troubleshooting. I am sure that they will be able to help you by you posting the issue here. It creates the ticket for them to get you some help.

1 Like

yes, I saw those troubleshooting steps and did attempt that before posting. I just got my Glowforge Friday, have made one set of coasters and a feather bracelet and now this has happened. I’m so sad.

Can you post a picture of the pins on that are on the head? It might help speed up the support as they look at the logs too. Also, I know you have probably done it but folding down the front door and making sure that no foreign objects, stray pieces in the nooks and cracks, then firmly reseating it in the upright position.

Is the front door fully latched? Try open and close it with a little force.

I’ve been waiting to hear from support and am getting upset at the fact they are not responding to any of the three of my emails or my voicemail I’ve left :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: whhhyyyyy aarrrreeeeee tthhhheeeyyyyy ddoooinngggg thhhisssss tooooo mmmeeeeeeeee

Emailing them more (especially since you already posted here) will slow down the process since the emails need to be triaged and found to be duplicated of the same person/issue.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear you ran into trouble, and I apologize for the delay in our reply. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch shortly via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.