Sand Display

I love collecting sand when I visit different beaches. I never had a great way to display it. I ended up pouring it a bowl and putting little tags on where the sand was collected but that was messy and not satisfying to look at. So I used some scrap wood, sublimation board and clear acrylic and came up with these little display boxes. I sublimated a picture of the beach for the background and added the sand. I know Santa Barbara is mis-spelled, it was a play on the word because of an “event” that occurred! LOL…!

77 Likes

What a great idea. We’ve put sand in ornaments for the Christmas tree but I like the idea of having them out all year!

7 Likes

That’s an excellent way to display the sand!

4 Likes

that is so cool and unique, I love it!

3 Likes

I think the only thing that could make this cooler is if they were fridge magnets! I love this creativity of this idea, and have some sand (responsibly purchased :wink:) ornaments that would be much cooler this way!

7 Likes

That is such a great way to display your collection!! I wish I could’ve done that with sand I collected from different beaches on Maui (years ago). Because they were different colors, we just put them in a decorative jar in layers. Having photos of the beaches where you collected it is such a great touch!

9 Likes

What a great way to display the sand!

4 Likes

Agreed

I love this! I have collection of sea glass from all of our adventures when we visit family in Croatia each year, definitely going to copy this idea :heart:

7 Likes

Please do. Also if you want you can buy the file off my website.

1 Like

The file can easily be converted for a wall magnet. I might update the file to include that option.

3 Likes

You should add your website to your profile page.

2 Likes

What a great idea and lovely design!

3 Likes

Great Idea.

1 Like

That is a great concept! Nicely executed, too! There is inspiration here for other collectibles. I like the sand though. I think of many a beach myself…great memory keeper.

1 Like

This is a really cool idea! I used to do the same with rocks. I have a container with sand from Mexico my grandma brought back for me and it’s been sitting in an old Tums bottle forever! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks! This is my first time posting. Didn’t know I could do that! I have updated my profile. Thanks again for the advice :grinning:

2 Likes

Your welcome. Great looking Website.

Oh wow! Such a great idea!

1 Like

These are great! Nice memories.