Says it's printing and laser is moving but isn't engaged

I can run maybe two or three small projects and then the Glowforge stops working.
The Glowforge laser goes thru all the motions and is moving but it isn’t cutting or scoring or engraving?

Anybody have a similar problem?
Thanks.
T

Take a look at the panel on the left and make sure the power isn’t set to 1.

1 Like

Hi wilsonpf - none of my setting are set at 1. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Thanks.T

Support will ask you to run the Gift of Good Measure, so you might as well go ahead and try that. If that fails, you’re likely going to have to return the machine.

1 Like

Welcome to the community - we’ll get you sorted (well, either us, or a staff member who can look behind the curtain :slight_smile: )

A screenshot of your GFUI might help, so we can see what you’re seeing.
You say it runs a few projects fine, and then stops? Is it a few cuts of the same design and then fails on the fourth - or are they all different designs?

Note the time you run it, and post that along with pictures of both the front and the back of the board when you’re done

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble with your prints. I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left-hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Let us know how it goes.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.