Scale issues/questions

I’m scaling my objects property in Illustrator, from what I can tell. I’m using millimeters in Fusion360, then illustrator, then i bring into glowforge. There seems to be some kind of scaling translation problem between illustrator and glowforge. Everything I import is smaller than what Illustrator says. For example, my cuts to connect pieces together are supposed to be 3mm wide. They are 2.5mm.

I just created an image on Illustrator, Illustrator says its 65mm. Glowforge says its 50 and shows it as 50. ??

I’m so confused. What could be wrong?

Turn off Responsive in your SVG save settings.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for the difficulties. @jbmanning5 gave some advice that usually helps with this. If simply unchecking Responsive when you save the SVG doesn’t help, here are some other steps you can try:

• Choose File > New
  • Set height to 12in. and width to 20in., then press “OK”
  • Copy and paste everything in the old design to the new design.
    • Mac: Use Command-A to select all in your old design, then press Command-C to copy. Move to the new file and press Command-V to paste
    • Windows: Use Control-A to select all in your old design, then press Control-C to copy. Move to the new file and press Control-V to paste
  • Choose File > Save As, making sure that “Responsive” is unchecked.

Let me know how it goes.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread, so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.