Scaled house model for educational use

This is my 1/4"=1’-0" scale, two-story house model. It shows the placement of electrical outlets and switches on the floor plans and has hvac and plumbing locations under the house and in the attic.

This is my commercial three-story building. I designed this one so people can look in through the back without having to take it apart a lot since the sides are cherry plywood.

75 Likes

Awesome! Reminds me of childhood drafting lessons with my architect grandfather.

The representative contents in some of the rooms are a nice touch… but the “shop” area seems to be missing a Glowforge. :wink:

7 Likes

lol… thanks.

1 Like

That is so cool!!! What a neat project!

2 Likes

So very cool.

2 Likes

Now this project really appeals to me as a designer. I love the use of wood and clear acrylic together.

2 Likes

That is really amazing!

2 Likes

I’m loving these homes I have seen popping up recently. We are selling our home we have had over 10 years. I need to take some good photos so that I can do this one day. It is the main home that my children will remember.

3 Likes

Awesome design!
If you want to add a miniature Glowforge… add this one:

6 Likes

Those are amazing! It makes me want to do one of my house. It would be almost like being outside the house right now. :rofl:

2 Likes

I am in awe, although I would have bs put a Mustang in the garage LOL

4 Likes

That’s a good place for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Umm… Amazing

2 Likes

impressive work here! Well done!

2 Likes

Wow. Great project. Students must love it!

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of lasered houses but never one like these. Very cool to combine the acrylic and wood like this!

4 Likes

Neat project! Love the details. They make the model really shine!

2 Likes

Totally amazing. Love it!

1 Like

that is so dang cool!

Wow! Wow! Wow!