Scared to run GF after lens tool broke

I was cleaning my GF and my magnet on my lens tool shattered as I was removing my lens ( I have had My GF Pro for about 3 months) I have found all but a small piece of the magnet I have looked every where for it, and can not find it. It is not on lens Lens is back in and seated. Suggestions on where it might be or if its ok to run?! HELP Still have projects to run

glowforge tool|577x500

I am just another user, not a Glowforge support person. Have you removed the mirror and inspected the area around the lens from above? Have you shone a light in the printhead to search for the last remnant of the magnet.?
If I was in your situation, I would turn on the Glowforge and see if I get the traditional clicking sounds of it going through the focus sequence at start up. If everything sounded ok, I would print the Gift of Good Measure and see what happens. If that went ok, I would assume the magnet piece was somewhere out of the way and I would carry on using my Glowforge.

1 Like

Have you looked on the lens holder itself? Might just be suck on it magnetically.

1 Like

I’d suggest removing the mirror, and remove the lens itself, then inspect inside the head with a flashlight and a flat mirror, or remove the white ribbon cable and turn the head over and check inside with a flashlight.

There are instructions for removing the lens safely without the tool here:

1 Like

Thank s everyone for advise

1 Like

I’m so sorry for the trouble with your lens tool. I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.