Schedule update (December '16)

Because you choose to post them in a PUBLIC forum!!!

2 Likes

@rita @dan This thread really needs to be shut down. Seriously.

9 Likes

Too funny.

I bring no judgement… quite the opposite in fact.
The only person responsible for how i feel is myself. I can choose to get upset (because it is late), choose to be excited (because of the new features), etc .

I post facts… if you FEEL that they in some way deride someone else’s feelings on the matter then that is your judgement.
I did not write to @dawime to tell him he was wrong… he was the one who decided to complain about my posting of the T&C so he could talk about his feelings.

As i quoted above:

This is not a judgement… this is objective fact.

Deal with it
Bitch about it
Let it go and move on without it.

The only judgement here is what your own path will be.

I made my choice long ago.

1 Like

So, basically:

Some folks aren’t happy about the delays and want to vent. Others are cool with the delays and want the venters to shut up.

That about cover it? :smirk:

12 Likes

Yup. That about covers it.

11 Likes

Big difference between venting and wild accusations with unrealistic demands. I’m OK with the former, but abhor the latter.

8 Likes

This is some bulls**t. You just screwed my deposit for a local kiosk. Thank you very much.
Playing the 3D engraving card now was a nice try but it was a promised feature from the beginning. And keeping that image in your back pocket for a rainy day is pretty low. It’s not a bonus, it was a promised feature from day one that you’ve been dragging your feet on.

The QVC style “free material” band-aid isn’t cutting it either and I don’t care about the store “clip art” stuff you are throwing in. I’m a designer so it’s pretty worthless to me.

I’m looking for another laser option now and will likely cancel.
By now I’m sure there’s another laser cutter out there that can deliver everything I need, even if its more money.
My progression: Pro model>Base Model>out

2 Likes

Please, by all means, let us know what you find that will work in the kiosk environment.

3 Likes

I think you missed the point completely that I was trying to make. Its not that I am upset about the T&Cs. I am saying how ineffective and insensitive it is to keep posting about it in reply to other customers that are upset at the delay.

Your level of pragmatism must have missed that empathy step.

2 Likes

LOL
I am saying how ineffective and insensitive it is to keep posting about something that will not change not matter how upset people are.

Out of interest
IIRC I posted the T&C 3 times… once in my own thread, twice in response to (IMHO) excessive and angsty demands.
You have voluntarily responded to that twice, without being the target of my posts, yet acting as though you are personally aggrieved.

White Knight away by all means, follow my posts and scream T&C as though the context it is posted in is irrelevant but (for the 5th time now) we just want to see Dan and the Team Deliver our Glowforges even 1 day earlier and hysteria ain’t gonna help that happen

3 Likes

this thread has basically turned into arguing about arguing and how to argue. it’s a monty python sketch.

Angry man: WHADDAYOU WANT?

Man: Well, Well, I was told outside that…

Angry man: DON’T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF PARROT DROPPINGS!

Man: What?

A: SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS TOFFEE-NOSED MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

M: Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

A: OH! Oh! I’m sorry! This is abuse!

M: Oh! Oh I see!

A: Aha! No, you want room 12A, next door.

M: Oh…Sorry…

A: Not at all!

A: (under his breath) stupid git.

18 Likes

Love Monty Python - though living it isn’t quite as entertaining :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Hey, me, too!

I have said that, in my every day life, to so many people it’s shameful.

• Tom
4 Likes

They also start looking at you funny when you start talking about “African Swallows” for no apparent reason, or just start saying “Nicht!”

2 Likes

I think there should be a speaker in the Glowforge whereby you can have your own short sample that gets played whener you press the Print button. I’d make mine “The 'forge who says ‘Ni!’”

• Tom
4 Likes

Not sure how you construe hysteria from anything that I’ve said.
You obviously have no abiltiy of trying to de-escalate a situation, so by all means, keep aggravating people who are upset.

By all means keep screaming the T&Cs and other arguments to shut down upset customers. It can only help in convincing people to keep quiet.

1 Like

i find it amusing that people keep arguing about arguing like anyone who’s involved is going to change their mind.

1 Like

Just wait one minute here and let me read this again. . . This’s sarcasm isn’t it?!! I LOVE sarcasm. I live for sarcasm, but so few people get it. :+1:

2 Likes

…or that anybody in a public forum cares about arguing about arguing. PMs exist for a reason.

I haven’t found it, but some forums have a “squelch” feature. Anybody know if one exists here?

• Tom