Schedule update (December '16)

I considered that as well! But without clarification I couldn’t be sure. I also considered their fiscal year could be ending in March and maybe they have a ton of paperwork to do.

2 Likes

Yes, el jefe…

3 Likes

I, Jefe, am not as smart, or talented, or good looking as you, Chris Majewski.

2 Likes

Oh no! A mis-quote! :wink: Jefe was the little guy, El Guapo was the boss. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are correct, although weird since he also says “I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education.” which is ambiguous. So either he is referring to himself in the 3rd person to clarify “I” which is also weird since it is face to face, or is using Jefe as the correct spanish usage of “chief” or “sir”

1 Like

But that’s common in English…

Repeat after me… “I, state your name, do solemnly swear to uphold the laws of The Ori as passed down through the ages in The Book Of Origin. Hallowed are the Ori.”

2 Likes

ROFL! (Psst…it was Sumerians. The Babylonians were striking that month.)

10 Likes

Yeah, but in this case " “I, sir, do solemnly swear to uphold the laws”. Are you calling the other person sir? is your name sir?

2 Likes

It is not translated to English. Jefe is his name or otherwise how he is referred to. Could be he’s the boss of his particular crew. A captain or lieutenant in the ranks. Or it could just be his name. One can say things like “I, Tommen, hereby declare pizza to be the only royal food.” Or he can say “I, King of the Andals, the Rhoynar, and the First Men, hereby declare pizza is rubbish.” Or he can simply say “I, King, demand to know the 11 herbs and spices in my KFC pizza.”

2 Likes

Correct, didn’t mean to be any more vague than I already was. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

He meant it to be as vague as the original.[quote=“dan, post:787, topic:3657”]
Correct, didn’t mean to be any more vague than I already was. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

5 Likes

Hi Dan. Just wondering if you are looking to put an end of the month update out this month? Just something to confirm steady progress on the road to release?

Thanks in anticipation.

3 Likes

His last two monthly updates have come out during the first week of the month. If that continues to be the case, we should see an update within the next 5 or 6 days.

5 Likes

I am pretty sure only pre-release have been shipped so far. I too would love to know when the first production units will ship. I don’t think there will be any ramp up to thousands until the switch to production as thousands of pre-release units that need returning would be impractical.

3 Likes

Right. I was talking about the “hundreds.” Are they solely pre-release.

3 Likes

Not sure he meant that; his statement about vagueness wasn’t clear in meaning. :wink:

13 Likes

Working on an update. We won’t be providing month-by-month shipment information; as I’ve mentioned earlier, that’s just too helpful for people who should be doing their own homework and not peeking at ours. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Maybe I’m an idiot. How does telling people when you’re shipping something do anything but that?

3 Likes

I believe he’s referring to the competition. It’s not a bad idea to keep some specifics of the distribution plan under tight wraps. The success that the glowforge has garnered hasn’t come from its software and hardware concepts alone.

4 Likes

Uhhhh… Why? What could the competition gain from that information? They already know mass shipments will be happening within a couple of months. And?

2 Likes