Scraps and 9yo Ingenuity

Gkid wanted to make a chess set while she was here yesterday, but Charm is down while I await support’s response to help me resolve the air assist error. Undaunted, she dug into my bucket of “too good to throw away” scraps, pulled out the crayons and markers, and came up with this. Then she proceeded to come pretty close to trouncing me in a game of chess.

She’s gone home now, so I don’t know what’s going to keep my mind off 'forging today. I’m coming dangerously close to having to resort to housework. :frowning:

34 Likes

Nice bits! :smile:

3 Likes

I feel for you - I can’t imagine being without my :glowforge: for days now. I get withdrawals just after a day or two. It has quickly become a daily habit. I even miss the sounds it makes. :grin:

2 Likes

Housework is no good for alleviating the pain of no forging. Why heap misery on misery? Best to sort materials, refine designs or resume whatever it was that kept you occupied before the forge was invented. What did we do BG (before Glowforge)?

2 Likes

I can’t remember!!!

Pretty sure my house was tidier back then, though…

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s about to be a reckoning here. It’s just gotten out of hand now.

4 Likes

Fun way to pass the time with a great kid…but gees…I just can’t believe you’re having such a devil of a time with yet another Glowforge. Keeping fingers crossed for you, Ruth!

5 Likes

I love when kids are able to just be creative with what they are given!

I hope your machine issues are resolved soon. We need you back in production!

2 Likes

Me too! Housework is HARD. Sweat has dripped off my nose twice already today, and it’s only 1pm! :hot_face:

7 Likes

Haha–I’d say the apple doesn’t fall too far from the tree! That’s a really inventive way to use scraps.

3 Likes

What a wonderful idea! @geek2nurse, have they walked you through the head reseating process (described in our support page)? That error almost always means that the pins on the head connector are dirty.

6 Likes

Yes, I went through all those instructions, twice. :worried:Support hasn’t seen my post yet; I’m hoping they can think of something I missed!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.