SD Engrave has disappeared

I use my machine every day. Today I only have “Draft Graphic” “Draft Engrave” and “HD Graphic”. Did the settings change and I missed an announcement? I use SD engrave for 75% of my projects.

SD engrave is available for certain material/file combos. If you open an old project with old material is the SD engrave available?

2 Likes

Old projects only show those new options too. I use acrylic almost exclusively, so it would be medium or thick clear acrylic.

1 Like

It’s definitely missing on materials that had it available before.

Until we figure out what’s up, you can put in the setting manually. This was the SD Graphic preset for most medium and thick plywoods and acrylics: 1000 speed, full power, 270 LPI

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll save that setting now. Hopefully it gets fixed!

1 Like

Sometime in 2020 the SD engrave settings were changed for some Proofgrade materials. I don’t remember if acrylic was one of them. If you have the premium subscription you can open a past print and see your settings just to check that they were 1000/full/270.

Perhaps we should send Glowforge support a note about the SD disappearance??

3 Likes

Did you open a support ticket about this issue? They can’t request a fix unless they know it’s been changed (support does not implement changes, they can only alert/notify the development team…)

1 Like

Not yet, I wanted to see if it was just me lol. I’ll open a ticket!

4 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

This is my go to setting. This is stressing me out. How dare they remove a setting that has been there for years without saying anything? And they added new options as well. ugh. I have a job to do with little time to test out these new options.

2 Likes

I know it is not convenient, but don’t stress out. You can set them manually until they return. With premium, just choose past prints and you should be able to see what settings were used for a particular job. If you don’t have premium, start with the ones @dklgood suggested above; 1000/full/270

4 Likes

From what I am reading in the discord, this is happening across the board. I have used the settings from @dklgood and it’s working great!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum after nearly 4 years.

The Proofgrade settings are convenient and nothing more. If you have been operating your Glowforge for almost 4 years you should be able to manually set your settings and save them to your dashboard. Nothing to stress about.

2 Likes

For vector engraves only, these were the settings announced at the end of 2020:

1 Like

Can’t believe I’m the only one who could be bothered to open a ticket on this, but in any case, support said they would pass it along to the developers to look into, as I said in my post yesterday.

I opened a ticket in the Discord yesterday. It has no staff replies as of yet.

1 Like
 Wow.  4 years?   Most problems have some type of fix by other awesome members.  So normally, there is no need for any more input if i'm tardy to the party.    Members are amazing!

The problem with the change was, since most of my works were on SD settings.  So when I went back to all my files, all the settings were reset.   Specific works that had various 1, 2 and 3 passes along with my changes, were reset.    It's the convenience that helps me utilize the program quickly, for my student's projects.    It seems they changed it back as of this morning.

Hi everyone - The SD Graphic Proofgrade preset is back in the Settings menu (we just made the update, so it may take 24 hours for everyone to see it). We appreciate you letting us know. Thank you!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.