So the second removal of things that annoy us in the OR and pull stuff to the floor, is tube and hose management. Not rocket science, but after trying a bazillion devices out there, we decided to make our own (this is part of the project that the bovie holster I am working on belongs to) and so the idea is to be able to hold up to 3 suction lines and 3 bovie cables and maybe another “thing” that needs to run up or down the table.
Depending on which OR we are in the suction tubing might run from the head or feet, and likewise with the bovie cables. So some brackets (with “chip-clips” on the bottom - for testing just using binder clips). So took some measurements of both cables and tubes, and the tubes you can ever so slightly deform to get a good grip, while the cables are tougher and have a very hard insulation so have to be more exact fitting. One challenge is we don’t want them to slide (easy with the suction tubing, hard with the electrical wires)
So I made a pair of these. Not rocket science, but in 2 minutes, had a nice pair (one with the newspaper trick)
Took two attempts until I got the tension right (the first version each hole was .25mm smaller than the next, so we could get the right pressure.
The hook thing I have no idea, and it may get eliminated as a source of snagging, but we will see in first round testing.