Second machine in 2 weeks. Second machine has Black spot on Camera lens

Probably just a bit of muck on the camera, give it a clean.

I wish it was. I’ve tried to clean it multiple times. It won’t come off.

It almost looked like a shadow maybe? Is it something dirty on the top glass making a shadow?

1 Like

Or perhaps on the light strip? Might be a piece of debris on the plastic covering the light strip.

1 Like

It doesn’t look like anything that would affect operation.

This would make a lot of sense considering it says this is the second machine with the same spot.

I don’t think that’s what he said? But if so, then yes, lights above casting some kind of shadow? (You can see the 3 lights reflecting on the glass).

The 1st machine was just not cutting through even after working with support (No black mark). This machine has the black dot and is engraving blurry and not cutting through.

I checked with and without lights. It’s definitely in the lid lens. The view on screen has the dot, not when looking directly inside the Glowforge.

I checked and wiped everything down. Has to be in the lens.

Definitely a confusing title for the issue. 2nd machine. Only 1 black dot.

Hey there @Rodeo, thank you for reaching out to us. I’m very sorry your new unit arrived with an issue. I see that you’ve also emailed us about this and I’ve just sent a response to you there. To avoid duplicate communication, I’m going to close this thread and will continue working with you over email.