Seega Game Sets

This is gorgeous! As as a past student of anything ancient Egyptian, I think you captured the spirit and essence of Egyptian design quite nicely. I ‘get it’. I’ve become a big fan of hand coloring stuff, too…it’s rather therapeutic. What a beautiful looking game!

4 Likes

I didn’t see a Discourse badge for that, darnit!

Haha! You’ll notice there are no half inch deer in any of the projects I’ve posted… :wink: It’s all about knowing your limitations and focusing on the things you know you CAN do!

I will admit to having experienced a moment of extreme satisfaction when I realized this project I’d spent weeks laboring over had actually resulted in the perfect opportunity to make you look at a photo of Papyrus. :smiling_imp:

I actually really like it, except for the uneven edges. I find the shapes of the letters themselves very appealing. I guess I just have common tastes. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I still want to do a Monopoly set – it’s been nagging at me ever since I got the GF, but I haven’t felt ready to tackle it yet!

Haha, I had the same thought! But then, coral snakes are beautiful, so it told me I was on the right track. :wink:

Oh, yay, that’s so good to hear! And yes, the coloring is really a lot of fun – I had been missing my nightly coloring wind-down, since finishing the colored vase I did. The gel pens worked a lot better on the draftboard, though. I’m hoping the markers I ordered will be a better solution for future wood and plywood projects. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Absolutely hilarious. :smiley:

5 Likes

Beautiful

2 Likes

Said “WOW” audibly when I opened this post. Amazing work!!!

2 Likes

This looks awesome, even with the use of Papyrus.

2 Likes

Yeah…coloring on draft board. Didn’t take me long to realize that some colors just sink right in. I’ve never tried any gel pens…they might be next on my to-buy list. Are they water soluble or what? Mostly, I’ve been using oil-based pens.

1 Like

Typefaces spelled the demise of calligraphy fonts, By hand you can have a hundred variations of each letter, so every use of that style would be a bit different, now especially for such irregular fonts there is a very limited set of fonts and even fewer that are distinctive that folks are drawn to. So you have a choice of either such a common look that only a typeface nerd would be able to tell you what it was, or distinctive but everyone would know it. Personally I would favor distinctive and let the “font nazis” rant.

3 Likes

Water-based. This is the set I have: https://www.colorit.com/products/96-gel-pen-bundle

They work great on the draftboard, they cover well, and create a bit of 3D effect that I like. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

So beautiful!

1 Like

That looks fantastic! The coloring is great! And I love how you say “a simple drawer.” I haven’t even made a nice box, let alone a drawer!

2 Likes

Your kung fu is strong!

1 Like

Haha! Okay, I’ll admit, it did take a little bit of trial and error to get everything the way I wanted it. :wink:

3 Likes

Well well well, if this isn’t a lost gem.

(Except the papyrus, but maybe it gets a pass given its Egyptian roots.)

#necrogame

1 Like

Wowza! that is pretty impressive!

1 Like

We should be allowed to add more likes after some period of time.

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hahaha! Priceless answer!

1 Like

Careful! This is a never-ending maze! I was thinking about buying a glowforge last year (first I’d heard about them) and then saw @ahvaness ’ project for a Harry Potter Monopoly game. That sold me and then I tried to count how many copies of the game I needed for four grandchildren and two goddaughters (all grownups)! I’ve completed one modified to match my competence on the GlowForge and woodworking. I’m almost done with the second and third copies. They “might” be done by Christmas this year. His project is really detailed and very well put together.

I noted on another post about the Senet game by @arh2 that I had tried Bic alcohol based pens for coloring the game space. They didn’t work well on plywood. too much bleeding even past score marks.

5 Likes