Seeing yellow marks on my design

Hello,

I need help with my second print. I made a box for my first print but I originally wanted to make myself a horror lamp. But I keep getting this message everytime I request the images to be cut instead of engrave. I want the light to show through the images like in a pumpkin. But I keep getting this message and idk if it’s safe to ignore, or if I should make some changes. I’m using the materials that came with the package when I first got my glowforge. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Screenshot (25)|690x388

1 Like

I’d definitely rework the file. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can ignore the message if you watch it closely and be ready to put the fire out. We did it while we were testing it. But the resulting cuts are probably going to be useless. (If you have got your cuts too close together, the width of the kerf is going to make the remaining shapes char and crumble. They have an algorithm that tries to catch that before folks waste material.)

5 Likes

So if I try printing the images individually and I resize them bigger, is there anyway I can hide the one’s I don’t want to cut that are inside the same project box? I hope I’m making sense. Cause I noticed I can ignore steps that have been separated. But can I do that with steps that are altogether? Or would I have to separate everything in a different program and upload them to be able to do that? I’m extremely new to this so information would be very helpful.

1 Like

If you make the different parts different colours then they’ll each have their own command listed - even if the colour is only off by a tiny bit, they’ll separate.

3 Likes

Hi @jarenicebravo. That is a really cool design. I was reviewing this thread and @Jules and @deirdrebeth are right on track with the best suggestions to rework the design file to avoid any potential for unexpected print results. In addition, you may want to check out the steps in our Support link below:

Optimizing Your Prints: Print Steps, File Settings & More – Glowforge.

Feel free to let me know if you run into any trouble as it prints, and I’ll be happy to help.

2 Likes

Thank you so so much! I was able to make this project with no problem. I did change one of the images to a different one as I was having a hard time with that one but I kept all of the other one’s and the software read it perfectly! This was very very helpful. Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jarenicebravo. You’re very welcome, and that’s great news! I appreciate you following up to let me know, and that support page was a great resource when I started printing on my Glowforge. I’ll go ahead and close this thread since this has been resolved, but feel free to reach out if you run into any other trouble. I’ll always be happy to help. Happy printing!