Selecting Objects Behind Another? Add a move back/front feature

It is very frustrating that there is not “Move to front/back” or “forward/backward” on the design space. Example the Free December design with the snowmen ornament. Great design but working with it is a serious pain as the outer globe is larger than the other parts so when you want to save wood and place the people/pets inside the globe dead space… selecting and moving them is a massive pain.

I am a Pro member, am I missing a feature/update that allows an object to be moved forward/backward? This sees like a very obvious/easy feature to implement. It could be accomplished by either stack ordering on the left pane, or just adding a move front/back option in the navigation.

Even if you click Ignore the bigger items still selects, and you have to move it out of the way then move the other piece then try and put it back exactly where it was. I see a few threads where “staff” said they would add this to the developer list back in 2018 and 2019… ??? Any progress?

-Alex

There is. The little tiles on the left of the GFUI that show each of the “objects” in the print job can be moved to change the order of operations. Just drag with the mouse.

2 Likes

Thanks Randy, I tried that but I just moved the order up one level vs all the way to the top. Seems to work if I do that.

Thanks again!
-Alex

Thanks for the answer @ randy.cohen , that’s right. I’m going to close this thread - if you have additional questions, go ahead and post a new topic.