Selection window causing problems

I’m working on a design to cut out and when I open it in the interface the selection window around my design is too big for the laser bed so it shows ‘no artwork’. The design itself is well within the bed restrictions but for some reason the selection window is longer than the actual design. My file in illustrator is not showing anything strange, it selects just the design itself with no problem so I’m pretty convinced its an interface problem. Has anyone else had this happen? Wondering if there’s a solution??

You’ve probably got a stray mark outside of the bed. If you can find it inside your original file, it’s easy to delete.

3 Likes

For a quick and dirty fix you might also be able to delete it in the GFUI. Unselect everything, drag a selection rectangle over the area outside your design and see if anything pops up selected that’s not what you wanted in the job. If so. ctrl-x.

Also, I believe that if your Illustrator artboard is too big, it can consider the entire image “out of bounds”.

Reducing the size of the artboard to the minimum may help.

John

If you can post the design, I would guess that it would be solved pretty quick.

1 Like

That was my issue, I didn’t realize I had an extra piece on the end…it was close so it just didn’t show up! What a rookie mistake:P Thanks you guys!!

3 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!