Servers are lagging and glitching

app.glowforge is extremely slow and laggy I have noticed that the webpage for community is lagging as well is there something going on with the servers? I pay a premium service and since i have started that I have had less than premium service from the Glowforge servers…

Clear your cache. Chances are your issue is local to your machine.

1 Like

ok so i went into the edge settings and cleared it and still no good, super laggy and slow to load anything from the app.glowforge.com

All servers are up and running good… You can out the status here https://statuspage.glowforge.com/#everything-else and subscribe to any updates…

Likely the issue is with Edge. Both work better in Chrome, though Firefox and Safari seem solid as well.

FWIW, the community forums are hosted by discourse and different servers than the GF app (Discourse may use google servers, I don’t know).

At any given time, there are a number of potential failure points between your connection and the GF servers.

4 Likes

I’m on an orange dot but I did find that when I started a new project it started working again. I did have a lot of different cuts and engravings on that last one

Hi @dave.martin2008 - I’m glad to hear you’ve seen some improvement since this started, that’s promising news. I’m not aware of any server issues we’re having on our end, and it’s possible that a large and complicated design could impact performance.

As others have mentioned we do recommend either Firefox or Chrome as our browsers of choice, so this might be something worth trying if your trouble continues.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can do to assist!

1 Like

I read somewhere Edge isn’t the best for glowforge. Maybe chrome?

1 Like

I agree. the app is SO SLOW its painful lately. I paid for the premium upgrade as well. The “fast lane” only seems to apply to once the design is sent, but my app sits in “rendering your design” forever sometimes. I’ve tried emptying cache, but nothing seems to speed it up. Its like hit or miss, sometimes it works at OK speed, much of the time it just fails to load all together. Eventually it works… but I spend more time waiting for my lightening fast internet connection to “render your design” like I’m on a 110 baud modem. You guys have GOT to fit this, it is completely intolerable, especially for the people that trusted you and upgraded to premium just to avoid slow performance.

Welcome to the forum.

If you want Glowforge support to address your individual situation, you need to start your own discussion thread. Support tickets are limited to one person.

As noted above, rendering time is influenced most at the client level - browser issues, file design, and local wifi.

3 Likes

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.