Set focus tells me material not correct size even on proofgrade material and alignment is off

I have had my glowforge for about 3 weeks or so and I have been having a problem with alignment of prints being off. I ran the camera calibration and every time I use set focus it tells me the material height is incorrect either too high or too low. This happens on proofgrade material as well and my alignment is off.

I am pretty new to all this. So not sure what I have done :slight_smile:

I checked the crumb tray. I have cleaned the lenses and I reran the camera calibration. The score in the middle of the draft board is pretty close but almost all others are off by a good margin.

It becomes a major problem when printing a design on paper and then trying to cut it out.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

There are two small round windows on the bottom of the head…those need an occasional wiping and most folks aren’t even aware of them. There are instructions and pics for what to occasionally wipe listed here:

The focusing laser (red dot) can have trouble getting an accurate measurement at the extreme end of it’s range. For things like paper, which are far away, the dot might be a little fuzzy and expanded by the time it hits. Best thing is to stick the paper up on a sheet of medium draftboard, or any flat thicker material that you don’t mind getting cut up a little. (Plywood, chipboard, that you can tape the paper to… or the best thing to use for paper is a Seklema mat, since it holds it down for you too.) If wiping the mirror doesn’t take care of the problem (since you said it happened on Proofgrade materials too) then Support might have some other suggestions after the holiday. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us know about the trouble with your new Glowforge. I’ve extracted and reviewed your machine’s logs. Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.