Set up again

Well good…that’s one problem down. :smile:

last quick question , Im saving the files as “Optimized SVG” is that correct format ?

I just use Plain SVG. :slightly_smiling_face:

I made them identical. Finally got frustrated and unplugged the new router and plugged in old one and it loaded right up. Must be a setting on new one thats blocking it some how.

I made them identical. Finally got frustrated and unplugged the new router and plugged in old one and it loaded right up. Must be a setting on new one thats blocking it some how.

I believe the GF is 2.4ghz only. If your new router only supports 5ghz that might be it. Hard to say, WiFi is mysterious.

Any thoughts, @Tom_A ?

so true

I’m sorry you ran into trouble, and thanks for letting us know about this. I’m afraid we’ll need more details in order to investigate further:

1. If you received an error message during Wi-Fi setup with the new router, could you please describe exactly what it said, and what you did right before you saw it?
  2. Your Glowforge requires Wi-Fi using 2.4 GHz b/g/n and WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, or open security. Does your new network meet these requirements?
  3. If you’re still having trouble getting connected and printing, could you do the following to help us troubleshoot?
    1. Turn on your Glowforge and wait until all motion has stopped for 30 seconds
    1. Hold down the button on your Glowforge for ten seconds, until it glows with a teal color
    1. Your Glowforge is now broadcasting a temporary Wi-Fi access point. Connect your computer to “Glowforge XXX-XXX” (from your Wi-Fi Settings)
    1. Visit the following URL in your browser: http://192.168.192.1:3000/logs/zip
    1. A .zip file should download to your computer
    1. Reconnect to your usual Wi-Fi network and email the .zip file to support@glowforge.com

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Fatal_Print_Error:Motion_Planning_error:Bad Response from server for ?api/prints BGD-299.

This error comes when i try to load artwork that i have done. Then its got into offline.
I will also have the art go black prior to the offline issue.

I finally set up the original rougher and it connected right up. Bothe routers are same as abilities just different brands. so i dont know why there was a issue there.

I will send you the zip file later

Thank you

Yes it’s 2.4GHz only. So the unit won’t even list the SSID for the 5GHz signal if it’s there. So I don’t think that’s the problem here.

@ghyde831, in my recent issues I found that the Glowforge didn’t like the 2.4GHz channel I was using. I was using channel 9 which had worked for over a year but then suddenly didn’t work well anymore. I’d tried channel 1 and 11 without any luck. Switched to channel 6 and it worked perfectly. So that’s one thing to try and I highly recommend that you do. Another would be to check any Access Control Lists you may have in your router. Most routers are wide open so that if you have the password it will work. Some may be setup to deny all except an allowed list that you’d create. That’s not very likely as consumer routers probably wouldn’t come like that off-the shelf, but worth a look. These things can be examined in your admin control panel of your router.

2 Likes

Thanks for following up. I’ve let the team know about the error message you received. We’re seeing this too, and we’re looking into it now.

Regarding the “Offline” message, @Tom_A provided some good suggestions above. If you’re still having trouble using the new router, please download and send over the .zip file at your soonest convenience, and I’ll be glad to take a closer look. Thanks in advance.

Vee

I just sent the error log. Hope it came through.

Does the Glowforge have a “memory”. When i tried a new network as i described earlier, even adding a 2.4 modem to the shop so it was 10’ from the printer it would not connect. but when i went back and started the original modem it fired right up ?? thus my question

Thank you

Only a single network is stored. The stored network configuration will persist through WiFi set up mode, etc until it’s overwritten with a new network configuration.

Is there a way to overwrite it ? The normal set up does not seem to do that

It gets overwritten when you connect to another network. The reason it didn’t for you is, for some reason, it didn’t connect to your new network. Try, for example, a hotspot on your phone and see if it connects to that.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble during setup. It looks like your Glowforge is connected and you’ve ready to print! That’s great!

Could you please let me know if you’re still experiencing any problems?

Pip

It is connected, but to the old router. I have had up a new router and extended it to the shop with another router as a access point. This was to make the signal stronger. When i set this up the printer would not connect to the router(Lynksas 2.4) or to the new router(ASUS 2.4/5.) After several hours of trying i gave up and plugged new router back in up in office and glow forge connected. This is were i am at now.

I did download a zip file error log and sent to support

Might want to edit the last post for clarity.

1. It’s currently connected to the old router.
  2. Would not connect to Linksys or Asus.
  3. Gave up and plugged new router back in and it works.

Can’t really tell what’s old and what’s new or what it’s working with right now.

Thanks for following up. We received the logs you sent, but it looks like only part of the file made it over. A zip file named Logs-BGD-299-(etc).zip should download when following the instructions given previously, but we only received one of the subdirectories (bugeggs.zip). Unfortunately, we won’t be able to look into your report with the partial file. Could you please try again and let me know if you have trouble downloading the .zip file?

Additionally, I’d like some more details on the information you provided regarding the setup of network equipment. Could you please let me know the following:

1. In the network setup that the Glowforge cannot connect to, which router is connected directly to your modem, and which router (model and band) is being used as the additional access point?

2. Is the old router (which connects successfully to the Glowforge) being used as an additional access point, or is it connected directly to the modem?

3. Does the SSID you’re having trouble connecting to on the new setup match the SSID you connect to successfully using the old router?

Vee

I just sent the whole file. I assume the file is to big i tried to end and was rejected by google ???

1. In the network setup that the Glowforge cannot connect to, which router is connected directly to your modem, and which router (model and band) is being used as the additional access point? The New Router is a ASUS AC3100 and is wired to the modem. The Access point is a LINKSYS WRT54GS and its wired to the ASUS. The Access point is running to the internet perfectly as i have connected with both phone and laptop easily.(now both disconnected since i went back to old router)

2. Is the old router (which connects successfully to the Glowforge) being used as an additional access point, or is it connected directly to the modem? The Old is a NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK and was wired to the Modem. It was not being used as a access point it was a stand alone with the modem.

3. Does the SSID you’re having trouble connecting to on the new setup match the SSID you connect to successfully using the old router? I named the New Router with same SSID. The access point i did name “SHOP” which was different.

1 Like