Looking for some input.
I have been purchasing the same 1/8” maple veneer plywood (MDF core) for quite a while now from Trotec Canada. They typically cut like butter with medium proofgrade maple plywood settings.
My last shipment from this supplier has a slightly different finish and I cannot achieve cut through. Trotec says they changed the coating on their boards six months ago and this must be the first time I received the newer stock. They are a reputable, high-volume company that sells laserable products and they don’t understand why I can’t cut through it. They have received no other complaints.
Things I have tried so far:
- cleaning my machine, including all lenses and air assist fan
- made sure boards are completely flat
- ran test cuts of the same file on other materials including scraps of old similar material and proofgrade material
- adjusted speed downward (as low as 130)
- adjusted focus height multiple times ranging from .118-.25 Material is 3mm)
- tried all other proofgrade settings for plywoods medium and thick
- ran medium maple proofgrade settings with two passes
I am getting close to cutting through, but can’t get all the way. I have spent countless hours and have tried countless settings and I just can’t get it.
Any thoughts? I have over 50 orders outstanding for this week and I am freaking out!