Setting the sequence so that you can engrave first then cut

did some searching around the forum couldn’t find the answer. hopefully its a simple fix but I cant seem to set the order of operation to engrave first cut second. thanks

When you have the GFUI up you will see all of the operations for your project on the left of the screen. I believe you can drag and drop them to change the order. The GF works the list from top to bottom, IIRC …

2 Likes

What they said. Drag the operations in the left side-bar.

If you want to set the order in your design file, search here for “palette” - you can download or create a custom palette for your application which puts a few common colors in “order”. They print in order of the hex representation of the RGB color.

Of course you can still re-arrange them in the GF UI, regardless of color. Color has no meaning to the machine, except for ordering print operations.

I read that on the other posts as well ive tried moving them up and down and when clicked on I can pick up and move them but when I let go they return to the original state thanks for your help.

When you drag them up a line should appear on the operations list (?) where it will be place when you let go … have you tried using a different browser and see if you still have difficulty? I am using Chrome and have yet to experience difficulty switching things around …

The other option is to search on the forum for using colors to set order of operations in Inkscape or illustrator … but that is getting into the weeds …:slight_smile:

1 Like

yeah im not much on messing with it the other way unless its the only option im not seeing the lines I would imagine your right on the browser issue im running Microsoft edge right now hasn’t given me to much trouble but im still learning thanks again

NP at all :slight_smile:

I have to admit, I’m not a huge fan of MS Edge … I have found in other applications it has some serious conflicts and problems when trying to use it to interface with a specialized tool/application … besides all of that, I am still a MS fan! What is wrong with me!! :rofl: :crazy_face:

If they’re vector engraves, you can use colors to order them, just like with cuts. Smaller hex values cut/engrave first, larger hex values cut/engrave later

2 Likes

downloaded chrome and it works perfectly thanks for your help everyone!

4 Likes

Awesome!! Glad to help :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help everyone! @drich2244 I’m glad you were able to sort things out. I’m going to close this thread - if you have any other questions, go ahead and post a new topic.