Settings for 1/32” & 3/32 wood, different types, & for paper

I work with what’s called dollhouse miniatures (1:12, 1:24, & 1:48 scales) so I need to be able to cut ultra thin, non-proof grade wood. What are good settings to use for 1/32” basswood, 1/16” basswood & maple, 1/8” basswood & maple, & 3/32” basswood & maple, and finally, paper (for miniature doilies).

1 Like

It’s best to do your own tests and develop a feel for each species and thickness that you normally use.

1 Like

I agree with @beerfaced that you are going to have to do your own testing for best results. There are some excellent templates in the free files section to use for this. Here is one: New material cut test method

3 Likes

Thanks for the link to the template. I’ll give it a try.

I’ve about got the 1/32" basswood figured out. I knew I had the settings wrong the first time when it severely charred the back of the wood.

Would you be willing to share your settings for the 3/32" basswood? I don’t have enough wood to sacrifice for testing, so hoping to find settings someone else has used successfully. TIA!

I’ll have to see if I can find my notes. Right after I posted this, my Dad fell ill and ended up passing away. I’ve been so busy dealing with things I haven’t touched my machine in months.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. :cry: Prayers for you and you loved ones. :pray:t3: