Settings for 1/32" Acrylic?

Stencil as in screen print, or spray ?
Lots of variables.
Perhaps someone with that sort of experience could chip in.
Discourse thinks I’m hogging the conversation!
John :upside_down_face:

Neither. Likely with a paint brush or sponge.

Someone made stencils for t-shirts with cereal boxes a few months back…I’ve been hoarding them ever since. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you! I wish I ate cereal. Lol.

@smcgathyfay is the Mylar Stencil Queen. She should be able to answer everything.

1 Like

Just make sure you do not get the Quilters plastic from Hobby Lobby it comes in a large sheet about 11 by 17 or so because it actually contains PVC when it burns it’ll turn yellow

1 Like

I’ve been using mylar 10 mil for oh Lord close to 20 years now LOL I sell it as well if you need some let me know I’m cheaper than Amazon LOL

3 Likes

I think that’ll work! Again, it’s for a friend’s baby shower. They’re just going use paint brushes or sponges to apply the paint. And I’m definitely interested! Is there a way to private message eachother on here?

You can’t go wrong getting stencil material from @smcgathyfay. I’ve got some of her 7 mil and 10 mil and both work great!

1 Like

Click on her avatar and then click on the message button.

Just found it - thank you! :slight_smile:

Would you be willing to share your settings for cutting the myla? Thanks! (I realize this is an old thread!)

heh! 5 years is really old.

As for cut settings, there’s an easy way to test your materials, it’s fast and simple. Check out #6 here:

1 Like

I second @evansd2 's suggestion to do materials testing.

Note also that you can find other people’s settings by searching for “mylar” (or any other material) in the Beyond the Manual section (the only place people are allowed to post settings).

https://community.glowforge.com/t/7-mil-mylar-stencil-cut-settings/

That’s for 7 mil mylar, not the 10 mil discussed in this thread but, that’s a place to start. Then, you can increase power or decrease speed with your materials test for 10 mil.

1 Like