Settings for 1/4 cherry

I have been having problems cutting all the way through on 2-3 passes on 1/4" cherry. What am I doing wrong? I set the thickness and full power speed at 175

1 Like

The Proofgrade settings for my machine for thick cherry is speed 162 full power. Are you having this problem with Proofgrade thick cherry plywood or material from another source.

Whenever things don’t cut as expected, the first thing to do is make sure all of the optics are clean, the fans are clean and the material is being held perfectly flat. Also, use set focus rather than set your material height manually.

2 Likes

It is Amazon MDF. Also, when you set the height are we taking about the 3 dots and then set focus?

1 Like

Hello @joshua.forston

Since this problem is being seen on materials that were purchased from another company, we can’t offer support for prints that don’t come out as expected. Materials may vary widely from piece to piece, even if they’re created by the same manufacturer. I’m going to move it to Beyond the Manual so other folks here can help. Should this happen with a print on Proofgrade materials, please open a new ticket in Problems and Support and we’ll help you right away!

Yes, the set focus tool is in the interface under the 3 dots. I believe the best practice is to set the focus (making sure the red beam falls squarely on the material) before placing artwork. The set focus tool is probably more accurate than user’s calipers.

I was going to move this post, but Support beat me to it.

2 Likes

So it’s a cherry ply, not a cherry hardwood?

1 Like

Yes cherry ply

1 Like

It may be that the glue they’re using in the plywood isn’t laser compatible - so many are, but some just aren’t. The best way to verify to to run a test of settings.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.