My girlfriend and I are leaving for her doctoral graduation ceremony tomorrow. She mentioned that she would love some of the “round Toit” tokens I made with her business logo on the back. We talked about it briefly and then nothing else came of it until she mentioned the other night that she forgot about it and it would have been cool. So I am making them now. What I found is that the design in the GUI is limited to one instance and if you add more than one and go to another design you lose all the duplicates. I also ran into a problem where I could fit 28 units on a sheet of material but over 14 and the program wouldn’t process them. My process is now:
- Set up the material with magnets for guides.
- Set up the design for side one, make all the duplicates.
- Cut half of one sheet, side one.
- Tape the cut parts in place, flip the sheet 180.
- Cut the second half of the sheet, side one.
- Repeat until the desired number of sheets are done.
- Flip the sheet and lay out side two.
- Etch side two, first half.
- Turn the sheet 180, etch side two, second half.
- Repeat for the other sheets.
So far it seems to be working, though I have wasted about an hour doing layouts that weren’t saved.