Setup page not connect with GF wifi after changing router

Hi GlowForge

I´m having problems connecting the GF in the setup page after changing the wifi.
The PC detects GF wifi without any problem, but the setup page (chrome) not detect the wifi.

Thanks.

Some people have been helped by this video. Wifi signal wont show up , again!

2 Likes

Thanks dklgood

I saw the video, and the PC detects the GF wifi, but the setup page does not.

Thanks for reaching out. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to look into your report, and it looks like Wi-Fi setup was successful and your Glowforge was able to connect shortly before you started this thread. I’m so sorry about the challenging start.

Could you please do the following for me?

1. Exit the web browser you are using.

2. Turn off your Glowforge.

3. Wait at least 10 seconds.

4. Turn on your Glowforge. (Please do not touch the button on top of the Glowforge - only the switch on the back).

5. Once the Glowforge is on, wait two minutes so it can calibrate and apply any necessary updates.

6. Open your web browser and navigate to app.glowforge.com

7. If your dashboard loads with designs, you’re all set - you can start printing! If you see anything else, let me know.

If at any point during these steps, the button on top of your Glowforge glows with any color other than white, let us know.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I’ll try in a few days (I have the GF in other location).

Thanks so much.

Hi GlowForge

Following the step by step, I can access to the dashboard with the designs. Thanks.

But…GF remains Offline. We add a wifi extender, which generates a new wifi with other name and another password, so It´s not a surprise it can´t connect; but we repeat the setup process and the setup page don´t recognize the GF wifi…

Is there any known problem with wifi extender that explains that?
Any suggests? (The original wifi is inaccessible because we move the machine to another room here the original wifi don´t reach ).

Is there any chance to reset online the setup configuration and let the setup page recognizes the GF wifi as if were the first time?

Thanks so much.

Thanks for following up, and I’m sorry to hear you’re still running into trouble.

You mention that the setup process does not “recognize the GF wifi”. Could you please provide more details about this?

1. What step did you take just before the issue occurred? What does the screen say?
  2. If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see when this happens?
    To take a screenshot:
  • Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Additionally, your Glowforge requires Wi-Fi using 2.4GHz b/g/n and WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK, WEP, or open security. Please double check to make sure your network meets these requirements.

Thank you in advance for providing this information.

Hi Vee

The GF was working perfectly until we had to move it to another room in the house, where the wifi signal was very weak to non-existent.

Then we connect a wifi repeater to the router, so we were able to have wifi signal in the new room.
The wifi repeater creates a new wifi, with a different name and password of the original wifi we had used.

To be able to connect the GF to the new wifi signal, we ran the setup page again and we got a “Device Error” message and we had to run again the setup procedure.

After that, the Windows PC detects the GF wifi, but the setup page is stuck in the “Waiting for you to connect the GF wifi” step.

Attach two pictures I hope to be useful.

Thanks.

RESOLVED

Well, it’s working again!!! :hugs:

We change the wifi extender to a wifi range extender (a little diference that makes the magic).

The range extender, as opposed to the wifi extender, don’t create a new wifi, only reinforce the original wifi signal.

We ran the setup page again after the range extender installation and it works as a charm.

Thanks so much and be careful with your wifi signal!!! :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for following up. I’m so glad you were able to get connected!

I’m going to close this thread now. If you have any other questions, please start a new topic or email us at support@glowforge.com. Happy printing!