Sewing machine pin or pendant

I tried that remembering your suggestion, but I was a bit alarmed by the burn on the foil afterwards and thought it might not be good for the laser? Next I just printed several of the tiny pieces in the hopes at least one would not fall through, but then I thought led me try getting them out with a piece of tape as they never fall through after printing; only during/after lifting the sheet. Hasn’t failed me yet.

I started using the foil because I had things fall through before I even got a chance to get to them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You can actually burn through the foil if you really try, but since it’s aluminum rather than copper it’s not a wavelength that will hurt the laser. (If you’re still worried, you can put the shiny side down.)

1 Like

Thanks! That is good to know. I’ll give it another try - it would be easier to just have a piece of foil nearby for reuse.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! I so know who i want to make it for! When my GF is working again that is…

1 Like

You’re welcome! And sorry your GF isn’t working right now. That would be awful! Hope it sorts itself out soon, or gets fixed.

1 Like

That is super cool!

1 Like

Thanks so much for your generous share! I’m going to make one for my friend’s mom (she’s a professional seamstress) - I think she’ll love it!

1 Like

Great! I’m beginning to see all these little sewing machines going out into the world. :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you for this cute design. I can’t wait to cut it out. Thanks for the tip as well. I would have been so excited about cutting it, I would have completely forgotten about the smaller pieces falling through.

1 Like

My mom (she’s a seamstress) is gonna love this. Thank you!

1 Like

Wow, missed seeing this one before, it’s amazing, and the sewer and machine lover in me is doing flips! And those scissors! I bet there’s a way to do them in 2 pieces so they “work”, too.

1 Like

Glad you like my minis! Did you see my mini :glowforge:?

1 Like

Yes, saw that too–you’re super talented & really appreciate that you’re sharing these designs!!

1 Like

thank you! I love miniatures also!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thx for the file going to make one of these for my mom

1 Like

This is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Glad you like it!