Shadowbox Acrylic Coasters and Snap Together Holder

no need to feel bad. its an awesome design. thanks.

4 Likes

You are ā€¦ā€¦ a genius! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Thank you! Glad you like it!
Not a genius by any stretch of the imaginationā€¦just love solving problems through design. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finally had a chance to run a simple base for these - came out pretty good - nothing like yours, just simpler! The shadowbox effect is preserved. I used :proofgrade: thick basswood ply.

IMG_2663

Here is the file:
ShadowboxCoasters base.svg.zip (363.6 KB)

54 Likes

Looks really good! Simple works great too!

1 Like

I love these! I have been playing with paper cut light boxes. I could take a bunch of designs and make these. Thanks for sharing the files for the holder! Itā€™s a great way to display them.

2 Likes

Thanks! Would love to see the designs you come up with!

1 Like

Iā€™m going on vacation and then have a big competition coming up but after that, Iā€™m going to be trying this. I will post my attempts. I hope they end up looking half as good as yours!

1 Like

I am sure they will!

The holder really turns these coasters into an art peace.

5 Likes

Thank you! Never thought about it like that, I was being utilitarian. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

wow your post, and generosity, brought quite a few new ā€œfirst time postersā€ and at least one that hadnā€™t posted in a long time ---- shows how much everyone loves your design!! Iā€™m trying to think of how I could make a set for a Christmas present relevant to my new father-in-lawā€™s hobby ā€¦ I have some ideasā€¦hope it works!! Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Thank you!
Please share what you come up with. I am excited to see how people improve on these!

So generous of you to share the files! It really is a fantastic design combination.

1 Like

Iā€™m behind on reading the forum ā€¦ and am out of likes! I fell in love with your project when I saw your other post. Really incredibly kind of you to share the file for the coasters and the holder.

Thank you @arh2 for your stand also! I like it!

Not sure when I will have time to do another project ā€¦ but, would love to have this lit for Christmas. Then sets for other holidays to swap out.

6 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

3 Likes

Thank you for the base idea. Here is my take on it.

18 Likes

Looks great!!!

Absolutely love this! Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

Thank you! Welcome to the community!

3 Likes