Shadowbox Acrylic Coasters and Snap Together Holder

I love this! Thanks for sharing! You have given me some ideas.

1 Like

Thanks! Welcome to the GF Community!

you could edge light them. for a nifty effect.

4 Likes

not intending to be a downer. but in high humidity areas, unless you are using hot chocolate/tea/coffee, you’re going to end up with the condensation running off the coaster.

I only use insulated mugs for my Iced Tea(year round) so no biggy.

2 Likes

Thank You! Good to be here.

its super amazing. loved it

2 Likes

What a generous sharing!

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

First time posting here but active in the Facebook group.
I had a go at this and then made another.

24 Likes

I already commented on FB, but I really the nativity scene and the draftboard container. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another shadow box

19 Likes

Cool.

@designvh619 These are amazing! Coolest thing I have made on the Glowforge so far. Thanks so much for sharing your design! What is your store? Would love to credit you in my IG story about it!

1 Like

Thank you so much! Store is down for a makeover but will be back up soon. You can just credit this post. Thanks for wanting to credit me.

Absolutely! Thanks for sharing such a cool project! It will be a great gift for my mother-in-law.

1 Like

I don’t know what is happening but I am having the hardest time getting the shadow box to cut properly. I used preset setting and it doesn’t cut all the way through ( I have tried medium walnut plywood and medium maple plywood) and when I try to let it do two passes it just burns up the wood. I am tempted to just make it out of acrylic and be done with it lol. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set up the laser to be used for medium maple plywood? If not, then a full acrylic shadow box case with acrylic coasters is in the works!

3 Likes

@nightcrawler2120, you might want to open a support ticket in the Problems and Support section for that if it continues or happens across different files.

2 Likes

So you’re saying that once the Glowfordge detects the type of material and makes an automatic suggestion for strength and speed of the laser, that it should work without needing to be tweaked? lol

3 Likes

Yes it should, unless you are dealing with humidity outside of the recommended range. In which case, you might need to slow it down some. (Use a calipers to check your material thickness…it should be 0.125" for the Mediums, and if it is thicker than that, it’s swollen, and you’ll need to adjust your speeds. )

2 Likes

The only thing I’d add is to make sure the material is FLAT. if you tap on it on the bed, it should sound consistent across. You wouldn’t think a tiny amount of warp would make such a big difference, but it most certainly does. That and clean mirrors and lenses, of course.

3 Likes

Thank you for the very well done file.

2 Likes