Shadowbox Acrylic Coasters and Snap Together Holder

LOL. Thanks!

1 Like

Amazing! Canā€™t wait to try! Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

Thanks! Let me know if you have any issues. Pretty easy design.

1 Like

This is fantastic! Any tips on where you found the images you used? Having trouble finding a good death star option.

Iā€™ll drop the file on here in just a few!

3 Likes

Hey sorry. I have been running around like a chicken with my head cutoff and I just finished an order of 600 ornaments. :joy: I promise to send it to you tomorrow!

2 Likes

I get it! Busy time of year. Glad you are so busy!

1 Like

Itā€™s my good deed for the year. :yum: Iā€™m making the ornaments for my kidsā€™ school. They paid for the materials but Iā€™ve been making them for about 6 days straight. Now I have to focus on my proper orders! :joy: Also I have to say thank you so much. Iā€™m making their teachers the let it snow light up and they look amazing!

4 Likes

Absolutely no rush, and thank you for being willing to post them up in the first place!

1 Like

What material thicknesses did you use?

1 Like

Medium acrylic and 1/8ā€ pg wood.

1 Like

thank you!

1 Like

So I was finally able to cut this out and Iā€™m not sure exactly went wrong. It seems like the glowforge didnā€™t scale the cuts properly? I just uploaded the design to the glowforge and moved it over to my wood and specified ā€œcutā€, and all of the grooves that are supposed to interlock with the edge of a piece of the wood are not big enough. I didnā€™t change the scale of anything, does anyone have any advice?

1 Like

I am sorry you had a problem with the file. I just downloaded the file and everything looks fine. What do you mean by not big enough? Can you show me what you mean?

The slots are all 2.38mm (in Inkscape) but they appear to be correct in the UIā€¦

Probably the lovely AI dpi mismatch rearing its head again.

2 Likes

So the slots on the bottom piece that interlock to the side pieces are not wide enough to fit the thickness of the wood into them, so it isnā€™t able to be assembled. I donā€™t have a way to upload a picture at the moment, so hopefully that makes sense.

1 Like

And you are working with 1/8" Material? Here is a pdf of the file. See if that makes a difference.

BoxForCoasters.pdf (45.9 KB)

5 Likes

Yeah. Admittedly itā€™s not PG, but itā€™s 1/8" Baltic Birch. Every measuring device we have on hand puts it right at 1/8". Unfortunately we donā€™t have any calipers on hand. Weā€™ve requested them but the powers that be havenā€™t acquired them for us yet.

Iā€™ll give the PDF a try and see if it works any differently.

1 Like

Try the pdf file. Also, there is a small nodule sticking out on all the slots that will lock into the piece. You do have to pull that back a little to get the pieces to slide.

1 Like

2.38mm*96/72=3.17mm=0.1249in

Sure sounds like the AI dpi mismatch

2 Likes