Shapes made in illustrator show as one line, but cut twice

Hello! First time posting, though I’ve used the community boards to troubleshoot, and am grateful for the folks on here.

I’m having a recurring issue: I will use the shape tool in Illustrator to make a circle, or rectangle, and when I go to cut it it cuts twice, though there seems to be only one line in the file (I only make the shape once, no copy/pasting), and the cut settings are set to a single pass (# of passes: 1).

Here’s the file:

circle

Any ideas why this keeps happening when I use a standard shape?

Thanks so much!

Your circle has two paths. Delete one.

1 Like

I’m trying to find where a second path is - in layers there’s only one, and no matter how tight I zoom in I don’t see more than one. Is there a way to find and delete the second path? Here’s a screenshot:

The paths define the inside and outside of your filled stroke. In Inkscape, you can put it in outline view, or just turn off the fill and set a stroke color.

This comes up all the time. Here’s one example:

3 Likes

Make sure the Stroke line is centered, and not either set to Inside or Outside. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

That was it! I tried all the other stuff with no luck, but centering the stroke revealed a second path that I couldn’t erase. Tried making a new ellipse with the stroke centered and it worked fine. Thanks so very, very, very much!

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you ran into trouble while setting up your design. It’s great to see that the advice that @eflyguy and @jules provided got you up and running! Thanks folks!

I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have other questions, please post a new topic here on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.

1 Like