Shipping 2020

Can anyone please tell how shipping alerts work? I purchased a GF. Is my next step just waiting for an email I should be on the lookout for?

Your best bet is to sign up for UPS MyChoice and the FedEx notification service. The units ship direct from the factory, Glowforge doesn’t get the information before the shipping service does. So you will actually find out faster by signing up directly for the shipping notifications.

4 Likes

If you are in the US sign up for both of these and you will get a notification any time a company creates a shipping label to your address. You will get this notification well before GF sends anything out.

FedEx Delivery Manager

UPS My Choice

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I just signed up for both

1 Like

Does anyone know about how long I should expect shipping for a basic?

No, there is no way of knowing, since the demand pretty much changes on a month-to-month basis. I believe Dan said the wait time was down significantly from the Christmas rush…that was up to a month I think. But no way to know.

1 Like

You should have an estimated ship date in your account details.

2 Likes

I found it! I didn’t know it even had one thanks so much.

1 Like

Mine came 1 day after the estimated shipping date I was given when I purchased it! I was impressed with that. :slight_smile: It was worth the wait!

1 Like

I’m hoping the same thing happens to me lol. I ordered the basic to get my feet wet with laser cutting but then I saw the pro and plus shipped faster and immediately regretted not getting one of those :sob: I just saw the shipping issues on previous post and I got worried.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer @ Jules, @DaveL, and , eflyguy, your help is always appreciated and spot on . I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs, go ahead and post a new topic. Thanks for letting us know about this!

1 Like