Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

Thank you.

Anyone else considering collective action?

I don’t see what you can do, besides canceling. Consider that he said it is very unlikely we will even see an extension in warranty. Something they promised an additional year of but will only actually be giving less than 6 months of to a large majority of their orders. Less even than that for other international orders.

Link, please?

That all depends on the amount of weight one can throw behind the action. Once a refund is issued, no more action is possible. I’m exploring my option and I would expect everyone else here do too.

We added 6 months to the warranty; that hasn’t changed. The warranty doesn’t start until your Glowforge is dispatched.

4 Likes

Understandable reaction. In no way do I have an opinion. Just FYI, you waived your right to a class action lawsuit the day you ordered. Individual arbitration only. See the Terms & Conditions for Online Offers to Purchase.

2 Likes

The law works in mysterious ways.

Your 1 yr warranty or 18 mo. warranty if a pro. does not even start till you receive your Glowforge.

1 Like

https://glowforge.com/cancel-pre-order/

2 Likes

Spotty? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

3 Likes

Jan 1, 2018, basic, ordered 10/22/15. Anybody else notice this? “Our forecasting software is still in beta.” No kidding?

3 Likes

The company is stll beta

4 Likes

Dec 21, 2017

Anyone beating that?

Not even close.

I ordered on October 22nd and my date is December 22nd. I am beyond upset considering that a couple of weeks ago, at the Seattle Mini Maker Faire, Dan told me that I would have my Glowforge Basic by the end of October. He obviously knew that this was not the case when he told me this. I have no trust in Glowforge or Dan.

4 Likes

10/16/2015 order -------Mar 20, 2018 Shipping

WHY!!!

2 Likes

Not that you shouldn’t explore your options, but if you’re unhappy with how long glowforge is taking, I have some very bad news about the timeliness of legal system…

14 Likes

~10 days from when they initiate the refund on their end to when you see the refund in your account. Possibly faster, but it does take time (this is how it’s been from the start, and that time is due to how the banks handle refunds - not because of anything GF-specific)

4 Likes

FSL has been manufacturing hobby level and professional level lasers for several years now. They rushed the Muse to market and despite their experience with laser hardware, they botched the Muse. If it worked reliably it would be a great machine but it’s a fussy science project that the customer has to fiddle with and FSL’s “support” are the same engineers they have acting as sales, that don’t know how to relate to humans.

7 Likes