Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

Just wondering. In my account information it states my ship date was October 13, 2017. Very exciting! Yet I have not received THE email yet. Should I expect the email in the next couple days? If this has already been addressed, I’m sorry! I need to pin down as close to possible when my unit will be delivered as I will be out of the country from November 6 to the 19th. Thank you for any insight.

For me it was the reverse. I got the email for the proofgrade, that it would arrive in a week. Then a few days later I got the tracking email for the glowforge, I got the email it was shipping and the package itself on the same day, and they both arrived before my proofgrade. Which came the next day.

Based out of Victoria…

They seem to really focussed on the education market as the main distributor is 3D Printing Systems:

http://3dprintingsystems.com/emblaser-2/

:australia:

2 Likes

Funny to think about, knowing there might be just a handful that do, with all the delays I wonder if anyone has forgotten they ordered a GF as emails may go to spam… I kinda dropped off the forms after Dec 2015. Now I am getting excited again and reading more on the forms, with the individual shipping information now displayed I could only be happier if I had already got my GF.

7 Likes

You know… of course people are getting testy around here in GFland. we have been waiting and waiting. Waiting for something amazing.

I for one, am bummed I have missed out on using it all this time. Making some extra money, making cool stuff for personal use and gifts.

I will say as an engineer, who also has done QC for something much less complex than a GF, but still a couple thousand dollar tool, back in the mid 80’s. I am glad we had the delay.

Recall that they had to redesign the power supply? If they hadn’t figured that out when they did we would likely all be sitting around with dead GF’s and be REALLY REALLY REALLY CRANKY, instead of you know… just cranky(note the lower case. :slight_smile: ) Or what if it had caused a fire or some such? Oooh boy I loved my GF right up until my house burned down.

Sure that sucked, but now it is much improved. That surely benefits us all. I mean we have seen people engrave paper for crying out loud. I don’t recall that being an original feature.

The part that caused one of the recent delays. How would we feel if that had been in the field when it was discovered? Oh swell send it back on the UPS magic destruction mystery ride, and have them fix it and return it? what would the survival be on TWO FREAK’n round trips be?

I am anxiously awaiting my PRO. though I have to admit I have ALWAYS been anxiously awaiting it, my excitement for the possibilities has never waned. Much to the annoyance of my Wife and Daughters who now reply “whenever the heck it actually gets here”.

I still lobby for the idea that founders get a discount on the order of a second unit.

and I still look forward to my GF’s arrival.

Chris

8 Likes

We’re hard at work delivering units - every day. We won’t stop until we do.

I’m pretty sure we won’t - but I’m passing your request along to the logistics team anyway.

I apologize; we’re not sharing any more information right now about it.

The total price is much less, since you paid a lower price for your basic, but are being credited with the current basic price towards the upgrade.

Early orders from a country will come before later orders from the same country. Early orders from international locations are a higher priority for us than later domestic orders, in the sense that we start working on them sooner and work harder on them - but they take longer. We won’t stop shipping to waiting domestic customers just because we’re still blocked on an earlier international delivery.

The logistics, software, and operational requirements to make this happen are enormous, and would come at the expense of making sure the product continues to improve and ship reliably.

It was an experiment on our part to see if more transparency and detail - the request we get most often - would make people more or less satisfied. And you’re correct; the resources to do it had a small but measurable delay on projects that would have made the Glowforge software better and accelerated production.

We’re still building the connections between the forecasting tool (that gives you the dates) and the actual process of notifying people (which, historically, happens once a week on a date that varies with factory production). That should help with date accuracy in the last week. But yes, it means you should be coming up soon.

11 Likes

Still have yet to receive my email about the projected date, also have not had any response from support since i emailed them last Thursday night. Am sending another support email now…

The email mainly directs you to look at your account for the date so you don’t really need it. The date should be there.

1 Like

Support email can take up to 3 business days. (Although I’m surprised you haven’t gotten a response yet, they are probably quite busy handling everyone’s questions about delivery dates.)

But you should be able to find your delivery date estimate at Glowforge - the 3D laser printer

Unfortunately it is not, i have checked my acct. page and nothing. In fact my acct page is totally blank, an issue i addressed with support at the end of August. I was assured that i have an order for a basic on Oct, 21st 2015. but the blank page was never fixed. I assume that that’s why i never got the update email, because my acct. page is a blank page.

Curious if you’ve tried to view the page with a different web browser or device…

Interesting thought. Tried in IE instead of Chrome, same thing though.

General
Payment Options
Purchase History
Purchase History

This is all that appears on my acct page. I will wait for support and see what they say.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure IE isn’t supported (yet). Chrome definitely should be though, so if you’re not seeing it there, you’re right…support will probably have to fix it.

1 Like

Have you clicked on the Purchase History links?

The paste i did above is from the purchase history page, it is totally blank except for those 4 headers (except for my email, and the glowforge page header, which i omitted) Here is the entire page (except email):

General
Payment Options
Purchase History
Purchase History

Store Date Total Order # Products and Details

Well, there is a way to rig a $250 discount in PG credits. Your wife can use your referral link, yes? Of course, you were probably pitching for more.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

@dan I hope my question was just over looked? Or should we assume by the “no reply” that Glowforge has not yet secured all the components necessary for the builds yet. Thus in turn allowing inventory to be a gating item that could cause significant delays?

so I repeat my question:
Can you at least tell us if you have the part inventory already realized (better does the factory actually have the material/parts)? or are you still on “just in time” practices of the material?

Sorry I missed the question. We don’t publish our inventory positions - since you’re in manufacturing, you probably appreciate the loss of negotiating leverage with suppliers that would result from sharing that you were either not making purchases for a while, or desperate to purchase immediately.

8 Likes

The delays are difficult to consume and it’s hard understand just how long it has been. So, I went back through my email account and pulled this information from official shipping updates from @dan to visualize the delays (pre-order, basic unit). On a positive note, if you apply exponential regression to the dates of the email and days until shipping, there is a convergence around Feb 2018, which is my new shipping date.

14 Likes