Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

@dan it has now been five days since I last heard from support. What is a reasonable expectation for response times?

I saw this morning that they have now repaired the Upgrade Pricing in the system. If you want to go check the prices there it should calculate the correct amounts now.

(As a side note: My attempt to upgrade to a Pro model a couple of months ago also got caught by that problem that they had when they switched to a different storefront. They just got it straightened out last night.)

Thanks Jules,

Unfortunately, the upgrade page doesn’t include the option that I am considering (Basic + Filter -> Pro - Filter), nor does it include an estimated “shipment” date. I think I need Gowforge support to respond to this question.

The estimated shipment date after an upgrade does not show on the upgrade page to let you know what the impact will be before you upgrade. As a matter of fact. It does not show up immediately after the upgrade either. I upgraded 10 days ago, but the estimated shipment date has not yet been updated for that. That page still shows I ordered a Basic.

Yeah, unfortunately that’s a messy situation…it matches what mine was. It means manual intervention on their part, and it takes a while longer, since the filter comes bundled with the Pro now.

They’ll probably contact you directly via email with the details on it. And @gmckayca is right, it doesn’t automatically update that algorithm that they’re using either. Mine hasn’t changed. (And might not be accurate anyway because of the PRU.)

I won’t call anyone unreasonable for their expectations, but our team aims to reply to support inquiries via the Problems & Support section of the forum or emails in 3 business days.

From what I’ve observed, they have a pretty good track record of being well within that timeline, as a rule, too.

To be honest the warranty is pretty much the main thing that has me teetering on the edge of cancellation…
Do you not have more than a year’s faith in this machine?
Because… I need you to have more than a year’s worth of faith in this machine… YOU needed me to have over 2 year’s faith in it. And I did. Despite delay after delay we are still with you.
We need to know that this machine is going to be supported, and a warranty as long as we waited would be an excellent, low cost (if the machine is what you say it is) way of rebuilding trust.
Unlikely… but… why?

23 Likes

like.

6 Likes

My date just got moved from November 20, 2017 to December 8, 2017. That’s just to get an email to tell me to wait even longer. I ordered October 19, 2015. This is getting ridiculous!

1 Like

Don’t feel bad, ypur not the only one. I been pushed to Christmas.

I’m sure they’re not done delaying it.

The key here is to have a date that is soon enough to be reached (and subsequently receive “THE EMAIL”) before they have a chance to push that date out further. :glowforge::sunglasses:

2 Likes

i won’t hold my breath.

For the sake of adding my experience to this. I ordered a Basic Oct 13. Was given 2 years to the day on shipping email. Recieved the email Oct 25 and approved shipment on 26th. I will update as other dates happen, but shipments are happening!

7 Likes

My Account page showed 10/30 originally, slipped to 10/31 with the first wave of updates, and then went back to 10/30 when I wasn’t looking. I just got The Email for my Pro.

14 Likes

Just got pushed to Jan 1st from a december delivery.

I’m back to my original Nov date again! Yay!

My Basic email date was at January 1, pushed to January 15, then moved back to December 15. Actually got the email yesterday and turned it around immediately. So I’m in the final waiting queue…

6 Likes

And got it last night! Materials didn’t get here yet, so I had to play with cardboard last night, but I guess I can wait another day or two after all this.

4 Likes