Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

Thanks, my date just updated! Golden Ticket in 7 days!!! ordered 10/10

3 Likes

Iā€™m in manufacturing too, and I can understand delays. I canā€™t understand this many missed deadlines. Either someone there has no idea what they are doing, or someone in leadership pushes unrealistic deadlines, and everyone is too afraid to tell them no.

7 Likes

ordered 10/23/2015 ā€“ shipping Jan 18, 2018

This is confusing. My date is tomorrow, but I have not received an email asking for my shipping address. How does that work?

The date is the estimate of when they will ask for your email

2 Likes

@dan Any update on when internationals will hear? Are we due the email today? We seem to be getting less and less information on internationals. The post with excluded countries is a bit distressing, although we in Australia seem to still be in the game.

You will get an email tomorrow asking if you want to receive it within six weeks.

I could be wrong, but I think those dates are just estimates of when they will email you and initiate the shipping process. So, if your date is right, I would expect youā€™ll get an email tomorrow asking for your address. Then youā€™ll actually get the glowforge sometime in the next 6 weeks.

Ordered 10/4/16 - estimated ship date 3/13/18

1 Like

I know a lot of people are really unhappy now, but Iā€™m glad to see this leap forward in transparency. Iā€™m sure it took quite a bit to make it happen.

Also I lost my bet about what the dates would be.

9 Likes

Thank for the clarification @rpegg.

Hey my date is tomorrow as well! Hopefully we should get an email tomorrow that can initiate the shipping process.

3 Likes

Pro?

Iā€™m a basic on 2/15/16 and my date is only a couple of weeks earlier (2/23).

I hope you realize that this is still just a number that really means nothing. After two years of broken promises, I have no real expectation of hearing from Glowforge at any time in December. Iā€™m guessing it will be some time in January that I will finally get the email to get my address which will be another 4-6 weeks until they ship my Glowforge.

4 Likes

Me too! Hopefully not a third Christmas without Glowforge.

1 Like

I have had this issue with management, but 2 years of delays? Doesnā€™t make sense. I feel like they hired a ton of software engineers and marketing people and forgot about mechanical/electrical engineers. The people actually making the physical product.

If it wasnā€™t for the steep discount I would go with a proven company like FSL or Boss. FSL already made a better version of theirs in half the time.

2 Likes

As expected this email canā€™t be trusted either.

Itā€™ll come when it comes. Shrug.

I ordered on the 22nd of Oct 2015 and mine is Nov 15th.

1 Like

Email says that the shipping estimate is on our account page. Account page says it is the ā€œshipping notificationā€ estimate. Big difference.

2 Likes

This is once again beyond disappointing. And then rolling out a beta calendar that will swing around while bugs are worked out? Why would that be appropriate under any circumstance, let alone when the delays have been racked up for the last 18 months. The elasticity of my patience has been stretched and stretched by this process. This latest communication is just another kick in the head.

3 Likes