Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

No basic - I have no idea either lol

So, I ordered a Basic on 10/24/2015 and Iā€™ll get it on 1/31/2018?

Is that when I get my unit or when I get the email and start waiting 6 weeks to get my unit? So, is it Feb 1st or Mid-March?

1 Like

Thatā€™s not for the laser, just the filter. I understand wanting it all at the same time, but donā€™t make it out to be something itā€™s not.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think it means nothing. But only time will tell whoā€™s right.

1 Like

Dan has said that all orders (including us Aussies) will be notified by Friday US-time
By the look of the responses above it is just US nationals that are getting their e-mails, i know of no Internationals who are yet to receive one

1 Like

March 2018. FIVE MORE MONTHS.

Dan Shapiro, you should step down as CEO. Under your leadership, Glowforge has become a joke.

Please tell me my money is in escrow, and that when I finally decide to call this a bad idea, it wonā€™t be lost in the Chapter 31 bankruptcy you will surely lead this company into.

I am so furious right now. Your promised ā€œby November 30ā€ update was just another lie. Hereā€™s a suggestion: SHUT UP. Stop speaking, because nothing you say to us is true.

Five more months. Ridiculous. Shame on you, Shapiro. Resign. You have failed.

Jack (not Christine, who is looking at this with a lot more patience and understanding than I could)

15 Likes

Donā€™t pretend to tell me what it is or isnā€™t.
Simply put the LASER is both the filter and the laserā€¦ just because these tools separate the two in their tiny minds doesnā€™t make it true.

Seriously; I put my money where my mouth is. Refund expected (already filed)ā€¦ and when the money comes in - Glowforge will officially have lost this customer to the competition because of the delays and lack of customer attitude.

Good luck to those staying inā€¦ you are going to need.

thatā€™s when you get the notification

Well that delivery date spreadsheet is going to be busy.

4 Likes

To be fair, the track record for estimates, even after shipping started, has been spotty. And for some of us, this is an extra 3-4 months from the last delay. Itā€™s hard to feel confident GF will meet this delayed date now.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s unfortunate man. I can say itā€™s easily the best laser for the money out there. While you might be giving someone else money, youā€™re gonna be at a loss. Most of the same cost competitors donā€™t even give you a filter at this price, or half the other stuff.

Speaking from experience, i think you should hold outā€¦

11 Likes

Iā€™m very angry. April.

I think Iā€™ve had enough. Good luck with your company. Youā€™ve made an enemy.

5 Likes

I do think we will see a lot more people losing referral money now. Referrals were likely later orders, and those are the ones getting hit hardest with delays.

1 Like

For what it is worth he is no ā€˜cheerleaderā€™ and has a good clear view for lasers in general

He also has had access to a Pre-Release Unit so he knows what he is taking about when it comes to comparisons.

15 Likes

For the record; I had $700 in referrals.
I willingly forfeited that promise of those referrals to get my refund and go buy a competitorā€™s laser.
Iā€™m tired of Dan and his antics. I hope the board of his new company runs him out the door.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve held out for a long time. Another 6 months is ludicrous.

2 Likes

I have 3 lasers, one of them being a Glowforge. Itā€™s not about koolaid, itā€™s about bottom line fact.

I hate the delays as much as anyone, but in the end youā€™ll have to wait maybe 3 weeks for the forge and a number of months for the filter.

If you go with FSL or a Chinese laser or whatever you find in this range you wonā€™t be ever getting a filter, so thereā€™s that.

You wonā€™t be getting the Glowforge and all itā€™s features, but will more than likely be getting a cut rate machine with very little thought having been put into the software.

The only reason Iā€™m even saying this is because Iā€™ve used almost all the other lasers in this price range, so I know where youā€™ll end up. Iā€™d take the forge. If you donā€™t want it Iā€™m sure you could find a buyer for more than you paid.

16 Likes

Mine are gone now - awesome.

Ordered 10/25/15 - estimated notification date : Feb 1 2018

Iā€™m going to play the waiting game for a few weeks and see how the ā€œbetaā€ scheduling software pans out.

2 Likes

Doubt it.
There is NO Fin way he know or can compare this garbage to a Epilog or Universal Laser. Thatā€™s what Iā€™d be expecting from a performance perspective of this vapor-ware laser system Dan sold us onā€¦ and itā€™s clear it wonā€™t even be close to functionality of those respected machines.

I for one think the $20 credit a month is kind of a slap in the face. Hell I would have compounded more in my bank waiting this long. Seriously how can they gauge the shipping so horribly?

3 Likes