Shipping date on glowforge.com/account

me too, tag me if you get a response.

1 Like

The pre-order campaign has proven to investors that there is a market for a lower cost desktop laser. Glowforge will have no problem remaining open, even after all of these delays. I could see some of the investors sending people in to straighten the company out, but the market is for sure there to have a successful company. Something just isnā€™t being run right at Glowforge, and unfortunately, Dan is at the top, so he has to take the blame. Iā€™m sure he feels horrible about letting all of us down. But thatā€™s little consolation to those of us still waiting for our laser.

I was super mad an hour ago, but now Iā€™ve taken a breath, and Iā€™m back to meh, it is what it is. Iā€™ve waited this long, and my laser is paid for, what does it really matter. I just want it because it will be cool.

@dan keep your head up and keep pushing forward. Get some manufacturing engineers in there that will give you the real information about production. Also, consider changing your avatar. The smiling @dan should go away for a bit.

I canā€™t wait to get my laserā€¦ some day!

20 Likes

Youā€™re lucky that you can afford to wait.

I was just trying to compare a machine of comparable size and usability. The Muse is obviously trying to be a direct competitor.

I have not researched reviews of various companies reputations, but I will take your word for it. I would probably want 200W for metal though.

I would cancel and switch to another brand if I wasnā€™t about to go back to school to be a dentist. The schooling is ridiculously expensive. So I canā€™t really afford to change at this point.

Another Australian here, mines states early April! :open_mouth:
Really disappointed with this new, another six monthā€¦

1 Like

Saw it and will consider, but unfortunately itā€™s unlikely.

Indeed. :frowning:

2 Likes

I hope you didnā€™t base a business plan off of this laser that didnā€™t even exist when the pre-order campaign was started. If you did, you should have been out of here way before now. I hope things go well for you after your refund. Please donā€™t trust an unproven product for your business in the future. If thatā€™s what happened to you.

3 Likes

People cancelling in the past have reported getting their refund processed in about a week.

6 Likes

Truth. Lesson learned. Been making interest payments for two years. I feel like a fool.

2 Likes

Unreal!!! I ordered my pro on the 3rd day of the campaign, well, basic but then upgraded to pro after doing well on my referrals (aka selling YOUR PRODUCT!!!, but that shouldnā€™t change anything, right!??

As the crow flies I live 190 miles from the Glowforge office in Seattle, just across the Canadian Border, free trade and all that jazz but you are telling me, a day 3 supporter of the campaign that you now estimate March 2 2018 as when my unit will ā€œshipā€ (ie: email that says I have to wait another 6 weeks to receive it)!!??

Iā€™m choked. Get ready for a nasty email, trying to resist venting hereā€¦ You better have some bloody convincing answers as to why I have to wait ANOTHER 5-6 months!!!

9 Likes

Thank you.

Anyone else considering collective action?

I donā€™t see what you can do, besides canceling. Consider that he said it is very unlikely we will even see an extension in warranty. Something they promised an additional year of but will only actually be giving less than 6 months of to a large majority of their orders. Less even than that for other international orders.

Link, please?

That all depends on the amount of weight one can throw behind the action. Once a refund is issued, no more action is possible. Iā€™m exploring my option and I would expect everyone else here do too.

We added 6 months to the warranty; that hasnā€™t changed. The warranty doesnā€™t start until your Glowforge is dispatched.

4 Likes

Understandable reaction. In no way do I have an opinion. Just FYI, you waived your right to a class action lawsuit the day you ordered. Individual arbitration only. See the Terms & Conditions for Online Offers to Purchase.

2 Likes

The law works in mysterious ways.

Your 1 yr warranty or 18 mo. warranty if a pro. does not even start till you receive your Glowforge.

1 Like

https://glowforge.com/cancel-pre-order/

2 Likes